The magic of colours

  • smarana31
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 22, 2006
      The magic of colours
      Colours have a big influence on our being and they can do it in both
      ways.
      Paintings reflect the consciousness of the painter, how he is choosing
      the colours, the composition and also the energy, he is putting into
      the picture; his consciousness.
      more
      http://www.srichinmoycentre.org/Members/smarana_puntigam/colours
    • doriscott20002000
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 23, 2006
        just wanted to try whether it works (the rich text editor) and send a
        green smiley.

        Do you know Sri Chinmoy's book "Color Kingdom?" Each colour represents a
        quality. It is very interesting to view.

        One of my favourite videos is "20 Years Ago" where Guru is painting and
        answering questions on painting. He is lifting the *secret* that by
        *chosing* a certain colour he is following a streak of light. I believe
        that colours on a higher plane are much more subtle then we are able to
        experience on the physical plane.

        P.S. I remember in East Germany somehow everything was grey - a colour
        I don't like much and it represents sadness according to Guru
        (unofficial). When I think back I still feel love for the place.

        --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, smarana31 <no_reply@...>
        wrote:

        > The magic of colours
        > Colours have a big influence on our being and they can do it in both
        > ways.
        > Paintings reflect the consciousness of the painter, how he is choosing
        > the colours, the composition and also the energy, he is putting into
        > the picture; his consciousness.
        > more
        > http://www.srichinmoycentre.org/Members/smarana_puntigam/colours

      • olga_nevergiveup
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 24, 2006
          I like this book – "Color Kingdom" too, you can find the meaning of
          colors here http://www.jharnakala.ru/colors/colors1.html This is the
          link to Russian Jharna Kala site, however, meaning of each color is
          written in English as well.

          Sri Chinmoy says: "when we see the outer flame, then immediately we
          feel that the flame in our inner being is being kindled and is
          climbing high, higher, highest. And when we smell the scent of
          incense, we get perhaps only a little inspiration, a little
          purification, but this inspiration and purification can be added to
          our inner treasure."
          http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/sri-chinmoy-primer/29.html

          The same way we can use different colors in the room where we
          meditate or even in our daily life. It can add only half percent to
          our aspiration, but this will be value added!

          Have a colorful day! :-)
          Olga

          PS. Doris, sorry, but it looks like green smiley is not visible in
          your message, but be sure that we could feel your smile! :-)

          --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, doriscott20002000

          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 26, 2006
            What a joy to view the colors!

            Well, but it wasn't a green smile ;-), wasn't it.

            Spokoinoi notschi ili stschastlivovo puti ili choroschi den ili
            dobroje utro ili dobrüi wetscher...I better disappear...

            Doris

            --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, olga_nevergiveup

            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 30, 2006
              Doris,

              You speak Russian?! WAW! What a surprise :-).
              OK, Wie geht es dir? Schoenen Tag und gutes Wetter! :-).

              Here in Ural of Russia we have golden fall now with bright yellow,
              green, Bordeaux colors of trees sheets, clear blue sky and shining
              sun... a lot of colors from the "Color Kingdom". It's unbelievable
              that just a week ago it was snowing and minus 10 C! Today is pretty
              warm and it looks like the weather is whispering you to go out to
              the forest to run a couple of hours... this Saturday I followed
              this call and run about three hours.
              What is the weather in Germany now? What city are you from?

              Olga

              PS. the smile was not green at all, it was blooming and shining :-)).

              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 2, 2006
                Da, da, da...koneschno a sabuila mnogo slow but the basics and the
                grammer I do know well and I can also write Cerillian.

                I am from former East Germany and we learned Russian in school. I
                always liked the language. It is familiar to me somehow. Since 2002
                I am living in Switzerland, Zürich.

                I was caught by you mentioning the URAL and checked the internet
                about your region. It was exciting to read and view. The Ural is
                incredibly big; the mountains are 2000km long and 500km wide and are
                building the boarder between Europe and Asia.

                You are 'sitting on a big treasure box'! They are 'hiding' big
                deposits of ore (iron), platinum(!), gemstones (Malachit) mineral
                oil and gas.

                Running there for three hours must be like a 'drop on a hot stone'
                (that Sumangali might have had once upon a time in her cup ;-), see
                # 19059). And all these rivers there...! (Prachar would be in water-
                paradise and sing a river song, see # 19030 ).

                I viewed some short videoclips but I don't know how to extract them
                from the rest of the not so important ones. Do you know any good
                sites? I would like to see more...and others maybe as well.

                Your country will always remain a secret to me: so unimaginary big I
                would lose control if I would ever travel it.

                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 7, 2006
                  Hi, Doris
                  I have never been to Zurich, but I love it, I like people from
                  your centre. Last year we organized a concert of Adesh and Adgita
                  (they are from Zurich also, right? ) and I was a translator on that
                  concert. I had a chance to spend with them about half of a day, it
                  was great, so nice people! Also I got to know Stela on 10-day
                  race. One girl from our centre was in Zurich for work this spring,
                  her name is Larissa, and perhaps you saw her. So, our centers are
                  in close cooperation :-)))
                  I tried to find some sites with info about Ural region in English
                  and some pictures. Here they are:

                  Some pictures of South Ural Region.
                  http://public.fotki.com/ppolga/ My album. Yesterday I took a camera
                  for my run and took a few shots, hope it will let you to get image
                  about the region I live in… Right now it is Fall here and yellow
                  colors prevail.
                  Here are some other sites with pictures of Ural that I could find:

                  http://asa.fotoplenka.ru/album122899/ This Lake is 20 min of run
                  far from my apartment, it is beautiful!

                  http://asa.fotoplenka.ru/album122587/foto1886137.htm

                  http://asa.fotoplenka.ru/album122580/

                  http://asa.fotoplenka.ru/album122894/

                  http://merlin-world.vipik.ru/image/index?page=0&act=idx

                  http://www.allatao.ru/foto.htm

                  http://m25.mtu.ru/users/lonli/122354/?page=3

                  http://www.fotokritik.ru/photos/5 Pictures of other places of Russia

                  Some info:
                  Chelyabinsk Oblast is situated on the border of Europe and Asia in
                  the southern part of the Urals. The total area is 87,900 square km.
                  Possessing unique natural resources (multi-component ores, rare
                  metals, semiprecious stones, secondary minerals), a developed
                  transport system, and an advantageous position in the center of the
                  country, the region actively develops economic links.
                  http://www.urc.ac.ru/Chelyabinsk/

                  http://antran.ru/English/Projects_eng/proj_Ural.htm

                  http://dictionary.laborlawtalk.com/Chelyabinsk

                  http://www.sputnik-rmk.ru/eng/content/content.php?
                  _site=client&_page=vur&_sub=region_3

                  http://www.uralpress.ru/english/show_region.php?id=1 about
                  Chelyabinsk Region

                  http://www.urc.ac.ru/Chelyabinsk/ About Chelyabinsk

                  http://www.bisnis.doc.gov/bisnis/isa/CHELCO.HTM

                  http://www.russianamericanchamber.org/regions/Chelyabinsk.html

                  If you are interested, I will search more when I am back from NY.
                  Now even if body is still here, my soul is going overseas towards to
                  Ststes :-)))

                  V sergce - edinstva,
                  Olga.

                  <no_reply@...> wrote:

                  > Da, da, da...koneschno a sabuila mnogo slow but the basics and the
                  > grammer I do know well and I can also write Cerillian.
                  >
                  > I am from former East Germany and we learned Russian in school. I
                  > always liked the language. It is familiar to me somehow. Since 2002
                  > I am living in Switzerland, Zürich.
                  >
                  > I was caught by you mentioning the URAL and checked the internet
                  > about your region. It was exciting to read and view. The Ural is
                  > incredibly big; the mountains are 2000km long and 500km wide and
                  are
                  > building the boarder between Europe and Asia.
                  >
                  > You are 'sitting on a big treasure box'! They are 'hiding' big
                  > deposits of ore (iron), platinum(!), gemstones (Malachit) mineral
                  > oil and gas.
                  >
                  > Running there for three hours must be like a 'drop on a hot stone'
                  > (that Sumangali might have had once upon a time in her cup ;-), see
                  > # 19059). And all these rivers there...! (Prachar would be in
                  water-
                  > paradise and sing a river song, see # 19030 ).
                  >
                  > I viewed some short videoclips but I don't know how to extract them
                  > from the rest of the not so important ones. Do you know any good
                  > sites? I would like to see more...and others maybe as well.
                  >
                  > Your country will always remain a secret to me: so unimaginary big
                  > would lose control if I would ever travel it.
                  >
                  > Doris
                  >

                  > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, olga_nevergiveup
                  > <no_reply@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Doris,
                  > >
                  > > You speak Russian?! WAW! What a surprise :-).
                  > > OK, Wie geht es dir? Schoenen Tag und gutes Wetter! :-).
                  > >
                  > > Here in Ural of Russia we have golden fall now with bright
                  yellow,
                  > > green, Bordeaux colors of trees sheets, clear blue sky and
                  shining
                  > > sun... a lot of colors from the "Color Kingdom". It's
                  unbelievable
                  > > that just a week ago it was snowing and minus 10 C! Today is
                  > pretty
                  > > warm and it looks like the weather is whispering you to go out to
                  > > the forest to run a couple of hours... this Saturday I followed
                  > > this call and run about three hours.
                  > > What is the weather in Germany now? What city are you from?
                  > >
                  > > Olga
                  > >
                  > > PS. the smile was not green at all, it was blooming and
                  shining :-
                  > )).

                • cott_doris
                  Message 8 of 8 , Dec 13, 2006
                    Dear Olga,

                    I didn't forget you; you went to New York and then I went on the Christmas
                    trip. Therefore the belated reply. Thank you for all the
                    wonderful pictures.

                    I also liked the Race pictures very much and I enjoyed your happy
                    smiles. I dare to make a little fun of the music group picture that
                    reminded me somehow of the flower power time of the 70th...and if
                    they didn't stop they are still singing: "...and give the 10 day
                    race a chance..."

                    http://tinyurl.com/yahbgy (hope it works)

                    Ajita and Adesh told us about their visit to Russia. They also liked
                    it very much and were very touched by the Russian's hospitality and
                    the many people attending the concerts. Today we celebrated Ajita's
                    birthday in the centre.

                    Yes, I remember Larissa very well. She came for HOLIDAYS!! And I
                    hope she enjoyed it.

                    Wish you a good time