Revisiting Rainbows

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 5, 2006
      With a nod to the fleeting hint of a rainbow that I saw near my house
      last Sunday and my recent musings here on angels (message 18775), I
      especially liked this poem by Sri Chinmoy in his newest volume of
      "Seventy-Seven Thousand Service-Trees"

      Our heart's rainbow-promises
      Come from
      The wings of angels.

      -Sri Chinmoy [unofficial]
      Service-Tree No. 45,337

      I'm also curious if some of our readers here received the nice little
      colour booklet given as prasad during August Celebrations by Sri
      Chinmoy's Hungarian students. It is called "Rainbow Victory" and
      includes a nice selection of Sri Chinmoy's poems on the topic. Here
      are a couple from the prasad booklet:

      Each seeker
      Has a rainbow-heart-sky.
      He must bring it to the fore
      And reveal it to the entire world.

      If you have a rainbow-heart,
      You do not have to go to God.
      God Himself will come to you,
      To feed you
      Far beyond your own expectation.

      -Sri Chinmoy [unofficial]

      Sharani
    • suchana27
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 6, 2006
        Yes, dear Sharani, I received the same nice little colour booklet and
        I got extra surprise when I found a little bird along with it!

        This is the little statue of a bird and I could see in other bags
        that each disciple and visitor got a different bird, smaller or
        bigger, to renew inspiration and also aspiration.

        I´d like to know more about the Hungarian artist who offered such a
        delicate Prasad. I tell you, my ¨pakhi¨ has become totally integrated
        to my shrine!

        In ´Ananda Pakhi´,
        Suchana