Greet the day at sunrise

    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 4, 2006
      Although I enjoy it immensely, my regular routine does not usually
      include finding a good spot to watch the sun rise over the water in
      the morning. It's a favorite activity while I'm travelling to other
      countries where our hotels are usually on a beach. While at home, I
      consider myself lucky if I get out the door to drive to work without
      feeling rushed. Since I live near the ocean, there are actually a few
      places where one faces the east over the water.

      Yesterday morning I made an excursion to commune with the sunrise and
      shoot photos because it was my birthday and the daily prayer by Sri
      Chinmoy featured the SUNRISE! It helped that it also happened to be my
      day of the week for starting work at noon rather than 9 a.m.

      My destination was a 38 acre nature trail and bird conservation area
      in the next town over from where I live. It is marshy and was misty
      but the sun rose with true splendour. I shared some photos from this
      day in my "Really Rhode Island" photo album as well as adding some new
      fall photos to my "Dartmouth Daydreams" album. They can be viewed at
      this shortcut to my gallery albums at:
      http://tinyurl.com/d4pak

      I close with the morning prayer about the sunrise composed by Sri
      Chinmoy in his daily prayer series that I enjoy reciting each day.

      My God-Hunger-Cry
      October 3, 2006

      No surprise, no surprise, no surprise!
      God comes to me every sunrise.
      -Sri Chinmoy [unofficial]

      [A belated happy, happier, happiest birthday, dear Sharani!]
    • suchana27
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 6, 2006
        Dear Sharani,

        What a special blessing on your soul´s day!
        May the sunrise accompany you on this belated ´Happy Birthday to you!
        ´ and always! :)

        At least I had the joy to meet you for a while during Celebrations.
        It would be nice to continue our talk at the Smile of the Beyond next
        time!

        Thank you for your kind inspiration and freshness! Lots of happy days
        to you!

        Suchana

        > Although I enjoy it immensely, my regular routine does not usually
        > include finding a good spot to watch the sun rise over the water in
        > the morning. It's a favorite activity while I'm travelling to other
        > countries where our hotels are usually on a beach. While at home, I
        > consider myself lucky if I get out the door to drive to work without
        > feeling rushed. Since I live near the ocean, there are actually a
        few
        > places where one faces the east over the water.
        >
        > Yesterday morning I made an excursion to commune with the sunrise
        and
        > shoot photos because it was my birthday and the daily prayer by Sri
        > Chinmoy featured the SUNRISE! It helped that it also happened to be
        my
        > day of the week for starting work at noon rather than 9 a.m.
        >
        > My destination was a 38 acre nature trail and bird conservation area
        > in the next town over from where I live. It is marshy and was misty
        > but the sun rose with true splendour. I shared some photos from this
        > day in my "Really Rhode Island" photo album as well as adding some
        new
        > fall photos to my "Dartmouth Daydreams" album. They can be viewed at
        > this shortcut to my gallery albums at:
        > http://tinyurl.com/d4pak
        >
        > I close with the morning prayer about the sunrise composed by Sri
        > Chinmoy in his daily prayer series that I enjoy reciting each day.
        >
        > My God-Hunger-Cry
        > October 3, 2006
        >
        > No surprise, no surprise, no surprise!
        > God comes to me every sunrise.
        > -Sri Chinmoy [unofficial]
        >

        > [A belated happy, happier, happiest birthday, dear Sharani!]

      • olga_nevergiveup
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 6, 2006
          Dear Sharani,

          HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!! :-)))
          sorry, to be a little bit late :-)

          Is it your physical or spiritual birthday? I was born on 2 October,
          just 1 day prior to your birthday . . . what a coincidence :-)))

          I just visited your album with new pictures, they are beautiful, you
          are surrounded by so wonderful nature! Or I would rather say that you
          can notice this beauty around you… I particularly like these
          moonflowers – amazing flower I never seen before.

          One more thing attracted my attention, all these new pictures are
          marked with date 2 November 2006, which seem to be quite strange to
          me, because on my calendar it is October yet. I guess in States it
          should be in the same way? :-)))

          Unlike our birthdays-
          Once a year-
          God's Birthday is at every moment.

          Sri Chinmoy
          http://tinyurl.com/elygb

          In oneness,
          Olga

          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 7, 2006
            Within the same week I had the good fortune to see not only a
            wonderful sunrise but one of the most stunning sunsets ever as well.

            I was on my way home from work and as I drive into the west and the
            direction of the setting sun I could see over the tree tops and
            horizon the most amazing hue of pink awash in the sky. The clouds
            looked like a quilted patchwork blanket and were tinged in pinkish
            purple most radiantly.

            Of course, I made haste straight to the bike path near my house
            because the sun sets over the water there. I got to the path just in
            time to click a few photos that show just how crimson the sky truly
            was. Then within a matter of only a few seconds it was over.

            I put a couple of these sunset photos in my bike path album.
            http://www.srichinmoycentre.org/gallery/members/sharani/east_bay_bike_path/
            To look at them in thumbnail size makes me think I'm looking at a
            picture of Hawaii or something because of the colours. It actually
            makes me chuckle!

            Sail
            Beyond the sunrise-sky.
            Reach
            The Pinnacle-Goal
            Before the sunset-cry.
            -Sri Chinmoy
            http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/sri-chinmoy-flower-flames/part6/16.html

            Sharani

            --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, suchana27

            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 8, 2006
              Dear Sharani,

              I enjoyed the photos, specially the one called "Shared Quarters",
              which can be seen at:
              http://tinyurl.com/qa79b

              If only human beings could get along as well as these innocent
              animals......

              Happy belated birthday!

              in oneness, Kamalakanta

              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 9, 2006
                Hi Olga,
                Greetings to a fellow Libra. You know that I looked at that date you
                mentioned of Nov. 2 at the top of the pictures in the online album and
                I have no clue where it came from. The actual date that the photos
                were uploaded to the Internet was probably Oct. 4th. Maybe the date
                set by the gallery album's server(?) is currently set incorrectly.

                I'm pretty sure I have the right date set in my digital camera but who
                knows maybe that date came from some wrong setting of my own...

                Are the leaves turning in Russia? Is it already getting cold?

                Sharani

                --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, olga_nevergiveup