OT- 400 Divine Musical Jewels

  • suchana27
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 3, 2006
      Hi dear all,

      Last weekend I opened this special case. Its covers show the unique
      Guru´s handwriting -I fully agree with Sharani when she says that our
      Master´s handwriting expresses fondness- along with his drawings of
      delicate birds and flowers full of transparence and childlike concern.

      There are four colourful booklets in this case. Each one of them
      contains a coloured CD -blue, green, white and red- arranged in a
      light plastic pocket, with lyrics and scores. The cover of each
      booklet shows different moments of Sri Chinmoy singing all these
      songs in 1986 during a seven-hour meditation Concert in New York.

      Looking at this case of musical jewels, Guru´s words are echoing in
      my heart -¨please, get these songs for your Centres.¨ But at that
      moment of Celebrations and even for the last past weeks I didn´t
      realize how deep and special his gift was for us. It is said that
      Guru made this recording first accompanying himself on the harmonium
      in his house over the course of eleven days in 1986.

      As the true Master he is, Sri Chinmoy is always teaching spiritual
      newness and offering a brighter Light to the seeker beginner in me.
      The unofficial lyrics that follow I am sharing with you:

      -Inspiration brings aspiration.
      Aspiration invites the Lord Supreme.

      -O Lord of the universe,
      I bow to You
      With my devotion absolute.

      -If I get shelter at Your Feet
      My life will be blessed.

      -I know, beyond the mind
      I must go to conquer the mind.

      -Day and night I shall swim
      In the sweetness-hope-river.

      -Beyond the mind I must go
      To see my Lord Supreme.

      -I must learn, I must learn
      How to meditate on the World-Father.

      from ¨Four-Hundred Blue Green White Red Song-Birds¨

      Congratulations and much gratitude to the devoted hands and hearts
      that created this case of Musical Jewels!:)

      Affectionately,
      Suchana (who dreams on learning these four hundred songs some day!)
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 6, 2006
        Hi Suchana,
        How nice to hear from you again. I hope you continue to have a litte
        time to share with us here. I really enjoyed this post about the music
        cds by Sri Chinmoy that you purchased at August Celebrations. I was
        not there that day when it was offered. It sounds wonderful to look at
        as much as to listen to.

        Sharani

        --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, suchana27