Re: Hidden Benefits and Organic Leanings

  • anglican.orthodox
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 3, 2006
      [Dear David,

      To help stay safe online, please set your member preferences
      so that your email address will not be visible.
      After joining, click on this link (it will open in a new window):

      Check the box where it says "Hide my email and IP address from the group
      moderators"
      Under "Message Delivery", select "No email. Don't send me emails..."
      Under "Message Format", select "Do not convert to HTML..."
      Save/Accept the changes
      Make sure you save the changes (click on "Save Changes"). Now when you
      post, your email
      address will not be visible to the public.

      Also, please turn off invitations:

      First click on this link (it will open in a new window):

      If you are asked to sign in, do so now.
      Once you have signed in, a page listing your known email addresses
      will appear.
      To the far right of each email address is the word "Edit" in blue.
      Click on it.
      Under "Group Invitations" you will see checkboxes which say:

      Allow group moderators to directly add me to their groups.
      Allow group moderators to invite me to their groups.

      By default, both boxes are checked. Uncheck both boxes.
      Click the Save Changes button.
      Repeat steps 2-3 for every email account listed.

      Thank you
      Sri Chinmoy Inspiration Group moderators]

      What a wonderful story! I too have a tendency to be reserved and
      reticent.In times when I have been put in situations where I am
      forced to interact with total strangers, I have come away feeling
      enriched by these encounters and wondering why I tried to avoid them
      in the first place.
      David

      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 4, 2006
        Hi David,
        Tell us more about your Yahoo user ID if you're inspired. Is this your
        religious background? I grew up Baptist and find it interesting that
        when I was baptised as a teenager it was indeed a very powerful and
        sacred moment in my life. The whole idea of it was that one should be
        old enough to be aware and making the choice to be baptised rather
        than doing it as an infant like in other Christian denominations. In
        my case, the whole preparation process was a time of religious
        yearning in my life that was otherwise not the norm during my growing
        up years.

        By the way, once you fix your member preferences to no email it will
        spare you much spamming. It's definitely the way to go with being in a
        Yahoo discussion group.

        With warm welcome,
        Sharani

        --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, anglican.orthodox wrote:

> [...]
        > efforts
        > > and all I needed once home was the energy to still feel like cooking
        > > at the end of the day.
        > >
        > > Did you know postering is character building as well? Normally a
        > > little reclusive, I had lots of interesting interactions with all
        > > different kinds of people. In one Asian restaurant, I spoke with the
        > > owner about different religions and he said in a thick accent that
        > he
        > > was a catholist. I asked him to repeat himself at least twice and
        > > finally realized he meant that he was Catholic! So I told him about
        > > Sri Chinmoy's meetings with various Popes and his friendship with
        > > Mother Teresa.
        > >
        > > Last but not least, once the big push is over, having a little quiet
        > > time is appreciated all the more. Hope lots of seekers come to the

      • kathywayment158
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 5, 2006
          Hi David,

          After reading what you had to say, you sound a lot like me (reserved around strangers,
          etc)...I'd like to hear more about your background as well. Looking forward to your

          Kathy

          --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, sharani_sharani <no_reply@...>