Re: Function report, Wednesday 27 September

  • suchana27
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 3, 2006
      Hello Morris,

      I have just started update my reading of messages posted during
      August Celebrations and later. I am so happy and grateful for such
      beautiful news!

      I also keep a sweet affection for Jagatarini who worked so strongly
      in several of our countries trying to manifest the Light of the
      Supreme, and she succeeded!

      Please, write more about the following functions if you have a little
      time!

      Happy races!
      Suchana

      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, morrisklein27
      <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > Tonight the meditation started a little earlier, at six-thirty,
      rather
      > than at eight. The reason was that Sri Chinmoy was given an
      honorary
      > degree from a distinguished Bangladeshi University. The Chancellor
      of
      > the University flew all the way from Bangladesh to confer this honor
      > upon Sri Chinmoy.
      >
      > Sri Chinmoy performed on the esraj for a few minutes; and then he
      > meditated in silence with the guests from the school. After that,
      the
      > Chancellor spoke about the history of the University and presented
      Sri
      > Chinmoy with the honorary degree. The gentleman spoke at length
      about
      > Sri Chinmoy's tireless efforts towards world peace, and in
      particular
      > his Oneness-Heart-Tears-And-Smiles programme which offers
      humanitarian
      > aid to the needy all over the world.
      >
      > Sri Chinmoy, on accepting the award, spoke about how he lives in
      > America, but his heart remains in Bangladesh. And he reminisced
      about
      > his native village, Shakpura, and the nearby city, Chittagong, and
      he
      > said that he treasures his happy memories of his childhood there.
      He
> [...]
      > group's performance. They recite Guru's devotional poetry and sing
      > his songs in a very simple way. But their sheer simplicity and
      > sweetness adds a lot to my Wednesday night meditation. Sri Chinmoy
      > once remarked that when Satyajit's group performs, that people who
      are
      > sincere seekers get tremendous benefit. He remarked that he himself
      > enjoys their performances very much.
      >
      > After that, Sri Chinmoy read out some poems by a Bengali writer of
      the
      > last century whose name I don't recall. He then also spoke about a
      > famous Bengali novelist, Sarat Chandra, who was really supremely
      > great. He said that Sarat Chandra and Rabindranath Tagore were
      great
      > rivals. He also remarked that Sarat Chandra had a dog which was
      > uglier than the ugliest and, at the same time, ferocious. Sarat
      > Chandra had many literary admirers, who were themselves writers of
      the
      > highest order. They would come to his house and the dog would snarl
      > and bite them. But they used to offer the dog so much love. And
      when
      > the dog died, Sarat Chandra cried as if his own mother or father had
      > died. And his friends and literary admirers wrote poems and stories
      > about this cur and read them out at its funeral!
      >
      > Today, September 27, was our late and beloved Jagatarini's birthday.
      > There was a big photograph of Jagatarini beside Sri Chinmoy's chair.
      > She was smiling in the photograph, wearing a beautiful garland of
      > marigolds. He spoke about her tireless service to the spiritual
      > cause, and how her immense soul had come to bless us all. The
      singers
      > sang beautiful songs in her memory. I will miss her very much, and
      > will always cherish her incredible strength and sincere affection.
      >
      > Today is also Sri Chinmoy's twenty-third cello anniversary! What a
      > remarkable anniversary indeed. Many, many congratulations to Sri
      > Chinmoy on this great occasion. I happen to like the cello very
      much
      > but am afraid I'm too old to learn how to play. But maybe following
      > Sri Chinmoy's teachings means that we're never too old for anything!
      >
      > It's getting late so I'll sign off now.
      >
      > With gratitude to my vast spiritual family,
      >

      > Morris
      >

      > To me, music is not
      > Something that we see.
      > Music is not even
      > Something that we feel.
      > Music is something
      > That we must
      > Grow into.
      >
      > (Seventy-Seven Thousand Service-Trees #9346-9348)
      > http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/sri-chinmoy-service-
      trees/part10/348.html

      > Soulful communion with the God-Melody
      > Brings forward
      > Our heart's intense cry.
      >
      > (Seventy-Seven Thousand Service-Trees # 15,780)

    • karpani_ru
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 8, 2006
        Hello Morris,

        A big Thank You!! We have read out your news during our Wednesday
        night--so happy to learn that Sri Chinmoy has received an honorary
        degree from the Bangladeshi University. It was also great to see the
        profound and humorous moments of the function and very touching
        moments in Jagattarini's memory. Thank you for sharing with us; it
        means a lot!

        With gratitude,
        Karpani

        <no_reply@...> wrote:

> [...]
        > Chinmoy on this great occasion. I happen to like the cello very much
        > but am afraid I'm too old to learn how to play. But maybe following
        > Sri Chinmoy's teachings means that we're never too old for anything!
        >
        > It's getting late so I'll sign off now.
        >
        > With gratitude to my vast spiritual family,
        >

        > Morris
        >

        > To me, music is not
        > Something that we see.
        > Music is not even
        > Something that we feel.
        > Music is something
        > That we must
        > Grow into.
        >
        > (Seventy-Seven Thousand Service-Trees #9346-9348)

        http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/sri-chinmoy-service-trees/part10/348.html

        > Soulful communion with the God-Melody
        > Brings forward
        > Our heart's intense cry.
        >
        > (Seventy-Seven Thousand Service-Trees # 15,780)

        http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/sri-chinmoy-service-trees/part16/780.html

      • koojena132004
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 10, 2006
          Hello Morris,

          What a coinsidence!!! The same wednesday meditation in our centre we
          were reading out the same story about the dog of a great novelist.

          Koojena, Macedonia
          --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, karpani_ru