Anti-Aging Formula

  • dharmaja
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2006
      Dear Friends,

      Occasionally I get e-mails about some kind of break-through anti-aging
      formula, or weight-loss product.

      According to my calculations (I'm good at math), if I had purchased
      and used all of these anti-aging products for which I've received
      solicitations over the last few years, I would now have the physical
      appearance of a two-year-old child.

      And, now that I think of it, if I had purchased and used all of the
      weight-loss items, my weight would be totally normal (for a newborn
      baby).

      Moral of the story: be careful what you wish for.
      Moral #2: if it sounds to good to be true, it's probably bogus.

      Dharmaja C.C.
      (looking younger by the minute, no wrinkles at all)

      And now for today's special rave.

      Etymology of bogus:

      Per the Online Etymology Dictionary,
      "counterfeit money," 1839, Amer.Eng., apparently from a slang word
      applied in Ohio in 1827 to a counterfeiter's apparatus. Some trace
      this to tantrabobus, a late 18c. colloquial Vermont (hello, Vermont!)
      word for any odd-looking object, which may be connected to
      tantarabobs, recorded as a Devonshire name for the devil.

      Others trace it to the same source as bogey. Bogey: a supernatural
      being, such as a ghost.

      My own theory:
      In the old Indian school, you could opt for the life of yoga or bhoga.
      Yoga, union with God. Bhoga, union with and dedication to the
      fulfilment of the ordinary desire-life. So, from the spiritual point
      of view, bogus (which I think is a derivative of bhoga) means the
      embrace of the falsehood-life.

      That will be five cents extra, please. I accept payment thru PayPal.