Re: musical concert

    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2006
      Dear Christopher,

      I can't wait to hear the music! Did you guys record?

      in oneness, Kamalakanta

      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, christopher_australia
      <no_reply@...> wrote:

> [...]
      > also set up stalls at the Bazaar, and combined with some tasteful
      > collections of statuettes of many of the cosmic gods, there was some
      > soulful respite to be found amongst the overriding Bollywood theme. As
      > we watched passers-by stopping to appreciate the Jharna Kala's and the
      > delicious cooking of Durba and Kapila
      > (http://www.srichinmoycentre.org/Members/kapila_moses)
      > there was also the reassurance that our presence provided a sincere
      > representation of Mother India's rich spiritual heritage.
      >
      > Our initial performance at the Indian Bazaar was slightly hampered by
      > technical difficulties. The mysterious Indian sense of time was
      > operating as per usual, and when we finally made it onto the main stage
      > we had at least had the time to run through our set an additional 3
      > times. However, as we began to play the realisation soon dawned that our
      > sound engineer was somewhat ill equipped to produce a live sound from
      > our instruments. Looking pleadingly in his direction was only rewarded
      > with additional amounts of feedback. We pressed on through our set and
      > were met with applause on at least two occasions. Shortly after, when
      > reviewing the video footage taken by Durba, we did realise that the
      > feedback had not been particularly audible to the audience and that
      > Maleenendra's voice had at least carried the essence of the songs to the
      > small crowd. Taking the experience in our stride, we turned our thoughts
      > to the following day's performance at St Mary's Catholic Church.
      >
      > St Mary's was a wonderful contrast to the relative chaos of the Indian
      > Bazaar. A most ecumenical community led by one of the most kind-hearted
      > and friendly priests we had ever met were delighted to have us perform
      > at their Saturday evening function. About 50 people were gathered for
      > soulful reflection and meditation, providing the perfect environment to
      > manifest the exquisite beauty of Sri Chinmoy's timeless songs.
      >
      > We set up our instruments and microphones directly in front of a
      > beautiful altar and were invited to perform at several different times
      > throughout the service, including during the meditation. The acoustics
      > were wonderful and Maleenendra's voice rang out angel-like, accompanied
      > by two guitars and harmonium. Afterwards, we received many kind words of
      > appreciation and an invitation to perform again the next time we were in
      > town. They were truly touched by the soulfulness of the music and
      > lamented that we could not perform for them every week.
      >
      > We returned triumphantly to the Indian Bazaar to share our experience
      > with our brothers and sisters and to fill our stomachs with as many
      > gulab jamuns as possible. It was a really wonderful weekend and we offer
      > our most heartfelt thanks to the Brisbane centre for hosting us and
      > organising the performances.
      >
      > Click here: http://www.radiosrichinmoy.org/features/radio/94 If you
      > would like to hear a live recording of the concert we performed in

    • anuraktaanurakta
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 1, 2006
        Hello!

        Thank you Christopher for the colourful, detailed, and delightful
        message.

        I would have loved to have been there. It sounds like a nice
        atmosphere with the various cultures and statues etc.

        On the same weekend a group of us, mainly from Christchurch, gave a
        concert in Dunedin, a lovely city 5 hours south of Christchurch. As
        the third and final concert in a series of three, it felt like a
        tighter and more confident performance. Sushmitam kindly flew in from
        Australia to join us. The concert would not have been the same without
        her rich cello melodies - we are really grateful for her oneness and
        support (and the weekend would not have been the same without her
        Aussie humour!).

        Dunedin, the world's southernmost Sri Chinmoy Centre, is nestled
        amongst the hills and valleys of the Otago plains. It was first
        settled by the Scots. The name comes from Dùn Èideann, the Scottish
        Gaelic name for Edinburgh. Dotted around the town are many historical
        sites including some interesting churches. They are easily noticed by
        their spires and tall turrets. You can go to:
        http://www.srichinmoycentre.org/gallery/nz/dunedin

        The next day Dunedin turned on perfect spring weather for Sri
        Chinmoy Marathon Team's first-ever race in the city.

        To see Photos of New Zealand concerts go to:
        http://www.srichinmoycentre.org/gallery/nz/christchurch/concerts

        Also of great Inspirational value is a new Divine enterprise for
        Christchurch. It has been 2 months in the making. It now looks perfect
        and it will only blossom in to something even better. Here are some
        photos:
        http://www.srichinmoycentre.org/gallery/nz/christchurch/the_lotus_heart_gifts

        So that was my great weekend. Recordings of the concerts will be
        released on radiosrichinmoy sometime soon.

        Thank you. Anurakta

        <no_reply@...> wrote:

> [...]
        > throughout the service, including during the meditation. The acoustics
        > were wonderful and Maleenendra's voice rang out angel-like, accompanied
        > by two guitars and harmonium. Afterwards, we received many kind words of
        > appreciation and an invitation to perform again the next time we were in
        > town. They were truly touched by the soulfulness of the music and
        > lamented that we could not perform for them every week.
        >
        > We returned triumphantly to the Indian Bazaar to share our experience
        > with our brothers and sisters and to fill our stomachs with as many
        > gulab jamuns as possible. It was a really wonderful weekend and we offer
        > our most heartfelt thanks to the Brisbane centre for hosting us and
        > organising the performances.
        >
        > Click here: http://www.radiosrichinmoy.org/features/radio/94 If you
        > would like to hear a live recording of the concert we performed in

      • christopher_australia
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 7, 2006
          Dear Kamalakanta,

          Unfortunately we did not have the means to record either of our
          performances. However, if we are able to do so in the future you will
          be the first to know!

          in oneness,
          Christopher

          --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, kamalakanta47