Re: OT: Farm Animal Fun

  • sarah_inseattle
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 28, 2006
      Hi Sharani,

      I love petting the farm animals, too!

      I enjoyed the shots of the gourds & pumpkins, and the pumpkin
      postcard (I think that was in the RI group?) Can't wait to see the
      spectacular foliage you anticipate; I think maybe it is too early
      for the peak yet.

      The funny thing is, I didn't know how to find your Rhode Island
      gallery, so I put "rhode island" into the search box. Imagine my
      surprise when, among your photos, up popped a photo of my husband
      and me! Pranlobha took it (I don't remember even ever seeing it
      before) and posted it. It was taken about two years ago. We were
      standing on the steps of the old church on the green in North
      Scituate, Rhode Island, where we were married in 1983.

      It was also fun to see the RI World Harmony Run shots and some of
      your pretty photos (butterfly on flower, for instance.)

      Thank you Sharani, for the many many ways you bring inspiration to
      this site.

      Love,
      Sarah
      Seattle

> [...]
      > produce one uses the honor system, just putting the money in a tin
      box
      > on a table. I learned that the black pig that likes to play with
      the
      > ball used to be someone's pet until they moved apartments. The
      little
      > goats are some kind of dwarf variety and the same thing with some
      of
      > the little donkeys. What a nice place to have nearby! I haven't
      petted
      > animals since I was a kid at the petting zoo.
      >
      > Hope you like the photos Sarah! I put a couple of fall shots into
      the
      > Rhode Island album too. The leaves are starting to turn and I think
      > the foliage colours might be infinitely better than the last
      couple of
      > drab foliage years. Once I come up for air from postering for
      > meditation workshops coming up and whatnot I will be doing a big
      > Dartmouth photo shoot with one of my coworkers who owns an SLR
      camera
      > and has shown some of her photos in the area.
      >
      > Sharani

      > <no_reply@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Yesterday offered itself as a glorious gem with bright sunshine
      and
      > > temperate fall-like temperatures. Since my lunch hour has been
      spent
      > > on more than peeling grapes lately -- :-) I gifted myself a
      break from
      > > some research I've been doing even at lunchtime to drive over to
      > > farm next door to one of the other branches of the library I
      work for.
      > > My co-worker tells tale tales of the donkeys, sheep, goats,
      horses,
      > > geese, peacocks, etc. that pasture in the yard adjacent to the
      > > library. They are tethered with rope to the ground without being
      in a
      > > pen in most instances. I've been itching to photograph them so
      paid
      > > the farm a visit during my lunch hour.
      > >
      > > This city girl was actually stumped to even know what some of
      these
      > > animals even were. Little goats (I think?) came right up to me
      and put
      > > their hooves on my chest and tried to nibble my clothing. I
      petted the
      > > sheep. Because all the animals were so diligently chewing on the
      grass
      > > or in the case of the goats insisted on practically climbing on
      top of
      > > me, I didn't get good photos of everybody I saw. There were all
      manner
      > > of equine animals that I'm not sure if they were donkeys, ponies
      or
      > > other miniatures?
      > >
      > > The enclosed yard with a hen house was fun to watch and right
      next
      > > door were the pigs enclosed in a fenced area filled with mud.
      They
      > > made snorting noises aplenty and came right up to where I stood
      on the
      > > other side of the fence. They were actually quite photogenic even
      > > though not considered "pretty" in the conventional way. Some of
      my
      > > favorites that I put in my gallery album are the pigs.
      > >
      > > The woman from the farm introduced herself to me and we chatted.
      They