The Longest Race in the World

  • sarah_inseattle
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 28, 2006
      Hi all,
      I was tickled to see our own Self-Transcendence 3,100-Mile Race is
      mentioned in the current issue of Runner's World Magazine, November
      2006, page 32, "Ask Miles" ("Human Race" department):

      Dear Miles,
      What's the longest race--- not counting relays--- in the world?
      ---Tammy L., Durham New Hampshire

      The longest certified road race is called the Self-Transcendence
      3,100-Mile Race held in Queens, New York, and annually draws about a
      dozen competitors. There, runners try to run 5,649 laps of a .5488-
      mile course within 51 days--- to do that, they must average a
      whopping 60.7 miles every day.

      ****
      Sarah
      Seattle