Re: The "Impossible" happened

  • doriscott20002000
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 28, 2006
      Concerning your second line I fully agree with you. But what make it
      much easier to see good in everybody is to see Guru's shining
      example; he just loves EVERYBODY. So what's wrong with us?

      Well, he also advises us not to shake hands with the tiger or
      tigress. I like the symbolism in Guru's teachings a lot.

      The nature of a scorpion is to sting. I have to become wiser.

      Another aspect that makes it easier to see good in others is that
      there is always some part in ourselves that is imperfect and so
      gives others the opportunity to think or to do "wrong." But once
      admitted it also gives others the chance to see and do good.

      > Hi Doris,
      > times long after first reading it. Your selection of quotes and
      > examples from notable individuals is compelling. If asked to rank
      > things, I would probably choose seeing the good in others and
      winking
      > at their shortcomings as one of the hardest aspects of Sri
      Chinmoy's
      > philosophy and life example to successfully emulate in my own life.
      > This is especially true if I'm in the midst of misunderstanding or
      > disagreement with someone.
      >
      > Even though I'm calling it difficult, it might just be a major
      > cornerstone of Sri Chinmoy's philosophy. Since he advocates
      changing
      > yourself if you want to change the world, the focus shifts and
      since
      > we are all interconnected suddenly it's ourselves we're working on
      not
      > the other person.
      >
      > Here is an excerpt from the Sri Chinmoy Online library which
      contains
      > an excellent answer to a question on this topic. The full answer
      is at:
      > http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/meditation-humanity-
      race/part2/11.html

      > "When somebody has done something wrong to you, try to feel either
      > that it is an extended part of your consciousness which has made
      this
      > deplorable mistake, or just feel that it is an experience you had
      for
      > only a few seconds. The sooner you can rid yourself of the idea
      that
      > somebody has done something to you, the better off you will be. You
      > have had an unpleasant experience, and you will not be happy until
      you
      > stop thinking about it...
      >
      > Always you have to feel that there are two ways to get out of
      worldly
      > calamities. One way is to enlarge your heart. If you have been
      > wronged, identify. Feel that it is you who have done wrong...
      > The second way is to think of perfecting ourselves...Pay all
      attention
      > to your own self-discovery, and when you have discovered yourself,
      you
      > will see that there is nobody imperfect on earth. Everybody is
      perfect
      > in you."
      > -Sri Chinmoy "Meditation: Humanity's Race And Divinity's Grace,
      Part 2"