Re: the pig

  • dharmaja
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 21, 2006
      Hey, gimme a break, I have to work really hard to protect my
      reputation as a certified goof.

      Yes, I am in the same centre as the lady with the pet pig. The pig's
      name is Scarlet (as in Scarlet O'Hara?)

      D.
      (CC in SD)

      > Dear Class Clown (I mean Dharmaja) ;-)

      You are truly funny! Smiles and laugh-out-loud moments guaranteed when
      you sign in... I like this answer very much! Especially since hard
      work has never rhymed with my name too successfully. I'll appoint
      myself chair of the grape peeling committee as an alternative even if
      it's to the mortification of countless cohorts - or maybe official
      barnyard animal photographer having just spent my lunch hour taking
      pig portraits. By the way, are you in the same centre as the girl who
      has a pig as a pet? We actually own a new book at the library called
      "The Good, Good Pig" which tells the story of owning a pig as a pet.

      Sharani

      In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, dharmaja
      <no_reply@> wrote:

      > > Alternate Approach:
      > >
      > > Lie down on a cushy comfortable couch and have somebody else do
      the typing.

      > > -- Dharmaja
      > > __________________________________
      > >
      > > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, sarada1007
      > > <no_reply@> wrote:
      > > >

      > > > Dear Sharani,
      > > >
      > > > Ergonomics falls within my professional sphere (no puns related to
      > > > gym balls intended) but still there is nothing very revolutionary
      > > > (still not punning) that I can tell you.
      > > >
      > > > However, the way to correctly adjust a desk and chair (work
      station)
      > > > is this:
      > > >
      > > > 1. Put your hands on the keyboard. The angle of your lower
      arms is
      > > > dictated by the height of your chair. Adjust the height of your
      > > > chair until your lower arms are roughly horizontal with the floor.
      > > >
      > > > 2. Now consider the angle of your upper legs. If your upper legs
      > > > are sloping downwards, you need a footrest. Adjust the footrest so
      > > > that your upper legs are roughly horizontal with the floor. If
      your
      > > > upper legs are sloping upwards, then your desk is too low.
      > > >
      > > > 3. Now adjust the height and the angle of the BACK of your chair
      > > > until the support is right in the small of your back. You
      should be
      > > > sitting quite upright, as with meditation.
      > > >
      > > > 4. Desk drawers can be problematic - they should only be to the
      > > > side of where you sit, not directly above your legs.
      > > >
      > > > 5. Your desk should be deep enough that you can push your screen
      > > > well away from you, and you can rest your wrists on the desk (or
      > > > wrist rest) in front of your keyboard. This is becoming less of a
      > > > problem with the advent of flat-screen monitors.
      > > >
      > > > 6. Lastly, it's very important to take frequent short breaks as
      you
      > > > were advised. It's actually best not to type for more than about
      > > > five or ten minutes before taking a break of a few seconds. I know
      > > > it sounds impractical but it will really help.
      > > >
      > > > 7. You can also try having a document holder if you are working
      > > > from papers and books. This will allow you to hold your head up,
      > > > rather than looking downwards in an awkward way. And you should
      > > > keep your mouse pulled in close to yourself and always use a mouse
      > > > mat.
      > > >
      > > > And now it's time for the disclaimer.. this does not constitute
      > > > medical advice.. erm.. don't do anything you find uncomfortable,
      > > > consult a professional who can visit your workstation... And all
      > > > that stuff! Ergonomics is as much an art as a science. We are all
      > > > different and nobody can tell you for sure exactly what is going to
      > > > work in your case. You really have to try out different solutions
      > > > and then just listen to your body.
      > > >
      > > > Sarada
      > > >

      > > > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, sharani_sharani

      Right