New Book Published with Sri Chinmoy's Daily 3100 Race Prayers

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 12, 2006
      Last weekend when I was in New York, I bought a recent book by Sri
      Chinmoy entitled, "My Blessingful and Pride-Flooded Dedication to the
      Indomitable Runners of the 3100 Self-Transcendence Race." Perhaps it
      was sold at August Celebrations when I wasn't there so after I heard
      people talking about it I sought it out at the book table.

      The book comprises daily prayers that Sri Chinmoy offered to the
      runners and helpers in the 3100 mile race from Jun. 21, 2006 to Aug.
      10, 2006. The preface explains that he offered the prayer to each
      runner along with it being posted on the board near the counting
      station. Each prayer in the book is reproduced in Sri Chinmoy's own
      handwriting. Whenever I think of my sentiments about the artistic
      nature of Sri Chinmoy's handwriting, the word that comes to mind
      immediately is fondness. Back in February of 2006, I participated in a
      discussion here on the Inspiration Group where I used that exact word
      to explain my appreciation of Sri Chinmoy's handwriting (message
      #16568) and it is that word again that I found myself wanting to write
      as I viewed this new book completely in his own handwriting.

      Here are a few of my spontaneous favorites from the 51 prayers in the
      book.

      The real Name
      of God is Blessing.
      The real Name
      of God's Heart
      Is Love.
      The real Name
      of God's Life
      Is Concern.

      Each
      Self-giving thought
      Is a
      Rainbow-Beauty.

      My only Paradise
      Is my
      God-aspiration-heart-garden.

      My
      Silence-heart
      is God's microphone.

      Each
      God-loving thought
      is as fresh as
      a breath of dawn.

      Today's
      Victory
      We celebrate
      Only to invite
      A new
      Goal.
      -all - Sri Chinmoy [unofficial]

      Aren't these beautiful? If you were in New York recently, I do hope
      you had the opportunity to buy this very nice new book.