DEVOTION

  • predrag_of_the_heart
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 4, 2006
      DEVOTION

      I offered my purest devotion to God.
      He accepted my devotion only to increase
      Its height and depth in boundless measure.

      I offered my surest devotion to man.
      He accepted my devotion
      Only to criticise and belittle
      My sincerity's heart.

      I offered my blue-gold devotion to Heaven.
      Heaven accepted my devotion
      With a smile, a half-knowing smile.

      I offered my devotion to the green-brown earth.
      Earth suspected, rejected,
      Strangled and buried my devotion-life.

      Sri Chinmoy

      http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/sri-chinmoy-wings-