Truly Wonderful

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 30 1:59 PM
      I find it fascinating to observe that even though I only attended six
      days of Celebrations this August and they were not even all
      consecutive I felt immersed in a sea of happiness pretty instantly on
      each of my three visits to New York.

      I would be interested to know if others shared my sentiments but
      through at least surface impressions it seemed that everyone outwardly
      stayed healthier than usual and that overall spirits were exceedingly
      positive. So much of what meditation is all about deals in the
      intangibles and the invisible. By way of example, I think this year's
      celebration of Sri Chinmoy's birthday spanning two days - Aug 27-28th
      was the best ever for me. My rational mind questions how that is
      possible when a deluge of rain visited us a good part of the time and
      our activities were all outdoors.

      Maybe this joy and aspiration that blossomed regardless of outer
      circumstances proves how one can overcome outer circumstances through
      inner poise and meditation. Surely the weather could have dampened our
      spirits and I had nearly given up hope on staying dry. It was also
      unusually cold for this time of year in New York. Yet the weather
      seemed meaningless as the meditations and activities unfolded with
      unflagging enthusiasm.

      So many beautiful birthday greeting letters were shared. A plethora of
      eminent guests dignified our gathering with their heartfelt and loving
      presence. All manner of performances were offered and as usual I felt
      that there is none luckier than us to share in the diverse and in some
      instances completely professional talents of Sri Chinmoy's students.

      Though it defies logic, it is proof indeed that the inner life
      transforms outer details. When that inner life is shared and guided by
      Sri Chinmoy's divine love I can think of no better road to walk
      through this journey called life.