Children of a billionaire

  • nayaknayaknayak
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2006
      If your father is a billionaire, you don't have to go out and work to
      get by. Similarly, if you have a great and good spiritual
      teacher, you do not have to try as hard as the poor chap who is
      floundering around: in the short period of your meditation, your
      abundantly illumined teacher will pour lots of milk into your vessel.

      Nevertheless we must meditate adequately to make progress. During one
      Christmas trip I heard that Sri Chinmoy advised one young woman to meditate
      for 2-1/2 hours a day. That's a lot for my standard.
      I do not meditate that much, but
      whatever I do, I really, really need it. For me not to meditate, it is
      like a grumpy person not having their coffee in the morning. Or, try
      going without breakfast. Feel good? No!

      Even for an experienced person meditation is a challenge. There will
      always be some part that resists and finds excuses. Overwhelmingly,
      the reason that people start meditation but do not continue is that
      they are unable to confront and face down their own resistance. A
      group helps immensely. It does not have to be our group, but find some
      group that you trust and mix with them. There will always be someone
      in the group who is "up" and will pull you on.

      I would like to close this short and rather random musing by thanking
      everyone for being. After all, we are one of God's flowers. Just by
      being, just by being alive, we are contributing. So, let's keep cheerful
      and pass it on. And, wink at ourselves next time we pass a mirror.

      Yours,

      Nayak
    • martinfromzurich
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 3, 2006
        Nayak, your post resonates with me.

        To have a Master of meditation as one's teacher is to get
        results much faster, no matter from which background
        the Master comes, no matter from which background
        the student comes.

        After meditating for some time, we may reach a level
        we do not want to miss anymore.
        By God's grace we develop a continuos hunger for it.
        And, how true, a meditation-group will help us greatly.

        Martin

        --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, nayaknayaknayak
        <no_reply@...> wrote:

        > If your father is a billionaire, you don't have to go out and work to
        > get by. Similarly, if you have a great and good spiritual
        > teacher, you do not have to try as hard as the poor chap who is
        > floundering around: in the short period of your meditation, your
        > abundantly illumined teacher will pour lots of milk into your vessel.
        >
        > Nevertheless we must meditate adequately to make progress. During one
        > Christmas trip I heard that Sri Chinmoy advised one young woman to
        meditate
        > for 2-1/2 hours a day. That's a lot for my standard.
        > I do not meditate that much, but
        > whatever I do, I really, really need it. For me not to meditate, it is
        > like a grumpy person not having their coffee in the morning. Or, try
        > going without breakfast. Feel good? No!
        >
        > Even for an experienced person meditation is a challenge. There will
        > always be some part that resists and finds excuses. Overwhelmingly,
        > the reason that people start meditation but do not continue is that
        > they are unable to confront and face down their own resistance. A
        > group helps immensely. It does not have to be our group, but find some
        > group that you trust and mix with them. There will always be someone
        > in the group who is "up" and will pull you on.
        >
        > I would like to close this short and rather random musing by thanking
        > everyone for being. After all, we are one of God's flowers. Just by
        > being, just by being alive, we are contributing. So, let's keep cheerful
        > and pass it on. And, wink at ourselves next time we pass a mirror.
        >
        > Yours,
        >
        > Nayak

      • carr_terri
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 4, 2006
          Hi Nayak,

          Your message really resonates for me! I have often felt that the
          only reason I can sustain a meditation practice at all is because of
          the tremendous inner boost I receive from Sri Chinmoy. I really do
          not think I would meditate very often or very well without a
          spiritual master of some height.

          I do not know how students of other masters feel but as a student of
          Sri Chinmoy for many years, I feel that it is as if his disciples are
          lifted up to higher level of living/functioning/being than we would
          ever be able to maintain on our own.

          It makes me think of that passage where Sri Chinmoy talks about how
          God-realisation is 1% our effort and 99% grace from above. But once
          we realise God, we also realise that even the 1% that we thought was
          our effort was also enabled by Grace!

          Gratitude!

          Terri