Joyday Ride combined with Christian Pilgrimage in Bavaria on Yoganandas Footstep

  • purna_samarpan
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2006
      Driving back last Sunday from the Joyday in Austria we decided to take
      two side trips which made the Ride even more exciting.

      First stop was a Grand Prix stop to watch the F1 Grand Prix at a Highway
      Station.
      You know the results.

      Second stop was by Surprise, because the Highway that lead us home goes
      very close by the Border to Czech Republic ,we decided to cross the
      Border and visit the City of Chep.
      We really enjoyed visiting the historical inner city and stopped for a
      very tasty dinner.

      On the way to the border we came by a small town named Konnersreuth, my
      copilot remembered this name from the book Autobiography of a Yogi by
      Paramhansa Yogananda. I am sure many of you are familiar with this book.
      Konnersreuth is the place were Therese Neumann lived, Yogananda visited
      her in 1935. The special thing about her is that she only ate 1(one)
      holy hostie per day and nothing else, she only survived by cosmic prana
      and every week she got the stigmatas of the Christ.
      You can read her story in Yogandanda`s Book.

      When we arrived at her house in Konnersreuth, which has become a place
      for pilgrimage, the house was already closed, but we were able to sit in
      front on a bench to pray and meditate for some minutes. It was a very
      special feeling, very light and very peaceful.

      Taking side trips take time we arrived a lot later than anticipated, but
      it was worth it.

      Grateful
      Purna-Samarpan