Re: Independence Day Festivities

  • suchana27
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 30, 2006
      Dear Sharani,

      I'll be more than delighted of everything you can tell us about Japan
      as I have never been there. Our Japanese community here is important
      for they helped in some way establish 'The Flower National Day'
      in 'Escobar', a beautiful community at about one hour away from
      Buenos Aires by car.

      The celebrations take place in September -when the spring starts in
      the southern hemisphere- and last for about two weeks. Local Japanese
      people show their most beautiful gardens, there is a parade and
      a 'National Flower Queen' is selected every year.

      Enjoy your back home!

      In oneness,
      Suchana
      PS:Last time I forgot to announce our last World Harmony Run in the
      Argentinian 'pampas', you can have a look at it in:
      www.worldharmonyrun.org/argentina

      We had a nice and prayerful harmony run there. Everybody was very
      enthusiastic indeed!

      > Dear Suchana,
      > Happy Belated Independence Day to you! I am embarassed to admit how
      > long it was after I got back that I read this message. As
      a "frequent
      > flyer" I find that adjusting to the time difference is always harder
      > when one travels from west to east rather than east to west. I had
      > virtually no jet lag after I got to Japan (flew east to west) but
      > since I've returned ( a flight from west to east) I seem to be in
      slow
      > motion to completely return to normal. Wickedly hot heat here and
      > severe thunderstorms didn't help either in my inclination to sit at
      my
      > computer on the second floor of my house and edit photos or think of
      > how to say that visiting Japan had a more profound effect on me than
      > any other country I have ever been to.
      >
      > Maybe by tomorrow I will write more about Japan and post photos. At
      > the moment, I'm trying to restrain myself from summing it all up by
      > saying "honk if you like peace and quiet" a funny zen-spoof pun/car
      > bumper sticker. Since the inner stillness and quiet was one of my
      > favourite things in Japan it feels almost contrary to "talk" much
      > about it. It certainly brought back my shy tendencies and kind of
      > bolstered them. Archee certainly hit the nail on the head when she
      > said that she could see that my demeanor would resonate with
      Japanese
      > culture.
      >
      > Well, once jet lag flies away completely I suppose my more verbose
      > side will re-emerge!
      >
      > Sharani
      > p.s. have you ever been to Japan Suchana?
      >
      > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, suchana27
      > <no_reply@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Dear Sharani,
      > >
      > > This posting is probably reaching you during your trip in Japan.
      > > Hope you are also seeing beautiful swans there!
      > >
      > > Today in Argentine, we are celebrating our "Independence Day". In
      the
      > > morning, the Spanish tradition invites everybody to have a
      delicious
      > > hot chocolate and some "churros" -traditional fried sticklike
      cakes
      > > made of flavour, water and sugar.
      > >
      > > But today, what is people doing in the afternoon? Guess! They are
      > > watching the final football match of the World Cup in Berlin!
      > >
      > > Happy Japanese tour!
      > > Suchana
      > > P.S.: I visited Vasanti's album. Those flags look like a nice
      concert
      > > of nations!
      > >
      > > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, sharani_sharani
      > > <no_reply@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > As I left a Harmony Run planning meeting after work tonight,
      boom,
      > > > boom, ooh, ahh! Fireworks finale in the sky over the trees.
      Tomorrow
      > > > is the celebration of America's independence, more commonly
      called
      > > > just "the fourth of July". At first when I got home I was just
      > > > leisurely eating a creamsicle and drinking in summer's true
      arrival
      > > > with delightful sunshine at last over the past few days, gentle
      > > > breezes and that lazy hazy feeling that everything will be
      right
      > > fine
      > > > in the universe.
      > > >
      > > > Boom, boom, boom, zoom - all around I heard the noise of
      fireworks
      > > > still going off, both far away and seemingly right on my
      street.
      > > With
      > > > these sound effects I just had to rush upstairs and work on my
      > > > patriotic 4th of July gallery album about a town in Rhode
      Island

      http://www.srichinmoycentre.org/gallery/members/sharani/bristolri/