Re: new poems

  • purnakama2000
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 29, 2006
      Hi Sarah,

      Sorry it's taken so long for my reply:)

      I like what you said about God not standing over us with an iron rod
      ready to punish us. I need to be reminded of this almost daily.
      Somehow over the years, our concept of God in the West has become
      skewed, and I find since being on the path, I've been able to forge
      a brand new wonderful and beautiful relationship with God. One free
      of fear and self recrimination. Guru teaches us to love ourselves
      more and more, and to see ourselves as God sees us, just as his
      beautiful children, playing in His Heart-Garden.

      Here's another aphorism from volume 43 of Seventy Seven Thousand
      Service Trees, for days when we just don't feel like we make the

      I go from blunder to blunder,
      Yet my Lord Supreme tells me:
      "Do not look back. Go forward!
      Go forward, My child!"

      Sri Chinmoy

      By the way, that's really cool that you were learning some Canada
      songs. My personal favorite is "Canada Pranati Janai".
      It's slow, spacious and haunting melody, for me, captures the soul
      of Canada; it's vastness, it's inner silence.

      It's always interesting to hear the songs that Guru has written for
      different nations, and how they reflect the soul of that nation.
      Like most of the Australia songs that I have heard reflect the power
      and dynamism of your nation.
      It's also interesting to see how the disciples themselves in some
      subtle way embody the soul of their country.

      Hope to see you soon in NY

      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, sare_bear2713