New technique for marathon

  • shane_dublincentre
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 5, 2006
      I saw this in a running magazine that was left lying around and
      thought I'd try it out...

      Basically, when you do the long run at your normal training pace,
      increase your speed at the end! Run 10% faster from the 80-90%
      distance mark, and at full marathon pace for the last 10%. I've done
      it a couple of times so far, and found that as long as I've prepared
      well food and waterwise the previous day or so, it's actually quite
      fun - I suppose it's good for people like me who get an extra spurt of
      energy when they know the end is in sight.

      Shane