Re: God the Creation

  • sunirmalya
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 4 7:55 PM
      great story Melinda - well done!!

      _____

      I have been having a related series of interesting experiences
      recently concerning God.
      Last week I read an article in a 'new age' magazine written by a
      man who was wanting to share his concept of God to readers in
      the Western world who will always think of God as the
      Omniscient and Omnipotent but forget about or are unaware of
      the Omnipresence of God. He was effectively talking about what
      Sri Chinmoy describes as God the Creation in contrast or
      addition to God the Creator.

      He was relating his own awakening of the realisation that we
      can look forever for God the all-knowing, all-powerful and elusive
      distant being or we can start to see that He is in fact all around
      us and in us. By making God out to be so unattainable we are
      distancing ourselves further instead of feeling His prescence in
      everything and everyone.

      I read this with some excitement because rarely do we see or
      hear in traditional society about the reality of the prescence of
      God allwhere. This was, to me, a beginning of a new hope for a
      rising awareness in ordinary readers of our closeness to God
      and furthermore a concept that to any truth seeker would bring
      renewed faith in developing their own closeness to God.

      Sri Chinmoy says "Man's eternal question is: 'Who is God?'
      God's immediate answer is: 'My child, Who else is God, If not you?'"
      (unofficial)

      Then this week as I was running one morning and mindful of
      this new approach to try to see God in others and all where , it
      actually started to happen. I actually started to feel God around
      me in the beauty of Nature and in my fellow runners.

      I am reminded of a bizarre experience I had when I first learnt to
      meditate and was concentrating on the beauty of a vivid red
      Gerbera or African daisy. I was suddenly a little sad that the
      flower had been cut from Nature and at the time I thought I
      imagined that the flower replied that it would rather be here
      giving me joy. I felt gratitude for its self sacrifice.