Re: God the Creation

  • sunirmalya
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 4, 2006
      great story Melinda - well done!!

      _____

      I have been having a related series of interesting experiences
      recently concerning God.
      Last week I read an article in a 'new age' magazine written by a
      man who was wanting to share his concept of God to readers in
      the Western world who will always think of God as the
      Omniscient and Omnipotent but forget about or are unaware of
      the Omnipresence of God. He was effectively talking about what
      Sri Chinmoy describes as God the Creation in contrast or
      addition to God the Creator.

      He was relating his own awakening of the realisation that we
      can look forever for God the all-knowing, all-powerful and elusive
      distant being or we can start to see that He is in fact all around
      us and in us. By making God out to be so unattainable we are
      distancing ourselves further instead of feeling His prescence in
      everything and everyone.

      I read this with some excitement because rarely do we see or
      hear in traditional society about the reality of the prescence of
      God allwhere. This was, to me, a beginning of a new hope for a
      rising awareness in ordinary readers of our closeness to God
      and furthermore a concept that to any truth seeker would bring
      renewed faith in developing their own closeness to God.

      Sri Chinmoy says "Man's eternal question is: 'Who is God?'
      God's immediate answer is: 'My child, Who else is God, If not you?'"
      (unofficial)

      Then this week as I was running one morning and mindful of
      this new approach to try to see God in others and all where , it
      actually started to happen. I actually started to feel God around
      me in the beauty of Nature and in my fellow runners.

      I am reminded of a bizarre experience I had when I first learnt to
      meditate and was concentrating on the beauty of a vivid red
      Gerbera or African daisy. I was suddenly a little sad that the
      flower had been cut from Nature and at the time I thought I
      imagined that the flower replied that it would rather be here
      giving me joy. I felt gratitude for its self sacrifice.

    • melinda_geelong
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 5, 2006
        When asked this question, Sri Chinmoy replied in 'The Wisdom
        of Sri Chinmoy" (all quotes are unofficial)

        "It is an inner assurance of God's unreserved love and
        unconditional guidance. Patience is God's power hidden in us to
        weather the teeming storms of life" and "Patience is your sincere
        surrender to God's Will"

        He says many beautiful things about this divine virtue but these
        two things have a particular appeal to me tonight as I struggle to
        find enough patience to appropriately parent a child who wants
        to make all the rules at bedtime and then have you at their beck
        and call. The demands of children are probably no more than the
        demands that we all place upon each other in our every day
        dealings at work, home etc but I have to wonder why I feel so
        exasperated by them in particular.

        Immediately the answer surfaces that it as all about control. If I
        try to control something outside of myself it becomes more like a
        wild elephant whereas if I concentrate on self control I am able to
        feel a hint of the unconditional guidance of which Sri Chinmoy speaks.
        As parents it is extremely tempting to try to control circumstances
        and indeed quite necessary at times to avoid danger or mishap
        but there is a big grey area that we enter into as the children get
        older. Admittedly there are also some self interest issues here
        that are another story and should not arise if I were truly
        surrendered to God.

        Nonetheless, preconditioned as I am to
        'controlling', I am finding it very difficult to function differently but if
        I really try hard to assimilate the advice about patience then I
        know I will come to see a better way.

        I have been rescued countless times by timely advice from Sri
        Chinmoy and as each new 'situation' arises it is just a matter of
        revisiting the principles and words of reassurance he offers.
        God's unreserved love and unconditional guidance.

        "Have patience in the body, you will be able to accept the whole
        world. Have patience in the vital; you will be able to hold the
        whole world. Have patience in the mind; you will neither forget
        nor lose the world. Have patience in the heart; you will feel that
        the whole world is not only with you and in you, but also for you."

        Lo, I feel better already!