Re: To run 3100 miles what does it mean?

  • doriscott20002000
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 27, 2006
      Dear Suchana,

      On an every day basis no matter how "hard" I am trying to improve I
      fail so often. It seems someone secretely is setting up the goal
      higher (not to speak of winter...I think it was Richard
      saying: "...in the cold light of the morning...") Once I manage to
      work out my morning plans I am happy. The air is fresh, the
      sunstreaks are paving their way through the trees, the river is
      murmering, the birds are chirping, the dugs are greeting each other
      with their nag-nag, other people are already walking and running,
      dogs I am not mentioning.

      The more I appreciate the runner´s every-morning-get-up-battle after
      a 16 hours day of running and walking. Unbelieveable. I can only
      shake my head.

      Another challenge was a marathon held on June 18th at 5am in New
      York. Rupantar asked me to participate by giving out water to the
      runners; a coincidence?

      The fastest runner a Hungarian boy whose name I do not know (the
      boys call him Juicy) finished in a time of 2,40. I overheard some
      boys who finished after 3 hours and something enjoying their early
      achievement of having already finished a marathon so early (it was
      around 8,30am a time where others usually go out for other
      activities). Purnasamarpan, are you reading?

      Dear Suchana, for my own inspiration I have collected some morning
      poems by Sri Chinmoy from 77,000 Service Trees. Maybe you and others
      like them as well. Here are 13 of them:

      (unofficial)

      "God is telling me
      That I will do Him a big favour
      If every day
      In the small hours of the morning,
      I think of Him, pray to Him
      And meditate on Him."

      "Every morning
      When I pray and meditate
      God´s Compassion-Eye
      Plucks the strings
      Of my inner harp."

      "Every morning
      God deposits
      His special blessings
      In your heart-safe."

      "Every morning
      I deeply enjoy
      My soul-fragrance-walk
      Through my heart-garden."

      "This morning God planted
      Inside my heart
      A special kind of faith-tree
      That will climb far above
      My mind´s doubt-clouds."

      "If we do not aspire
      And offer our love to God
      In the morning
      Then the whole day
      Becomes a dull monotony
      Of mechanical efforts."

      "Those who do not get
      Spontaneous joy
      From the rainbow-dawn
      Will find the day
      A total failure."

      "Every morning
      God blesses me
      With a new aspiration-tear
      and a new dedication-smile."

      "Every morning
      God blessingfully helps me
      To be on the same wavelength
      As His Sweetness-Compassion-Whispers."

      "Each morning
      Greets my aspiration-heart
      With a rainbow-beauty."

      "The soul of the morning
      Every day sings
      A new song
      For Mother Earth."

      "Early in the morning
      God rings only three door-bells-
      My life´s readiness-doorbell,
      My mind´s willingness-doorbell,
      My heart´s eagerness-doorbell."

      "In the morning
      Gid came and gave me
      A peaceful heart."

      I may stop here and finish my post with a German proverb:

      "Morgenstund hat Gold im Mund."

      Doris

      P.S. The poem you posted is one of my favourites. May it come true.

      P.P.S. May the runners always feel the morning gold, when they see
      the sun rising gold bright around 5,30am.

      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, suchana27

      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 29, 2006
        Hi Doris,
        I really like this selection of morning poems. If your inspiring
        writing about the race and the choice of Guru's poems about the beauty
        of the dawn gets me out walking and jogging when the mist is still on
        the water at the bike path, you'll be the first to get the credit!

        Sharani :-)

        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 29, 2006
          If ;-)

> [...]
          and
          > > > rainy mornings.
          > > >
          > > > You know, I was given once a poem by Guru that carries me
          > > immediately
          > > > to the experience you are sharing with all of us. It simply
          reads:

          > > > God alone knows
          > > > When the Kingdom of Heaven
          > > > Will finally descend on earth.
          > > > In the meantime,
          > > > God is begging His aspiring children
          > > > To try to create
          > > > At least a tiny island
          > > > Which He can call Heaven on earth.
          > > > (unofficial)
          > > >

          > > > Happy sunny and running days!
          > > > Suchana
          > > >
          > > > PS: Doris, a week ago I knew how to change the languages from
          the
          > > > control panel. But I can't do it now. Hope somebody else is

        • suchana27
          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 29, 2006
            Dear Doris,

            Last night, just after I finished reading your selected poems I
            translated them to Spanish for our next Centre meeting. Extremely
            inspiring!!

            They will definitely help me to be more aware of the early hours and
            their significance in the spiritual 'sadhana' (discipline) if I
            really want to make progress.:) Regarding your second post scriptum,
            I suppose it is related to the German proverb you wrote before
            signing off -I am trying to find "good friends" between German and
            English and the words "morning" and "gold" come to my mind! Ja!Ja!:)

            Wishing you more 'golden mornings' and shining experiences, I am
            leaving you till next time.

            Very gratefully,
            Suchana

            <no_reply@...> wrote:

> [...]
            > > >
            > > > Here are a few poems by Sri Chinmoy that I selected for the
            > runners
            > > > but somehow it did not work out to hand them out.
            > > >
            > > > From 77,000 Service Trees Part 43
            > > >
            > > > (unofficial quotes)
            > > >
            > > > "May our aspiration fly
            > > > Far, far beyond
            > > > The final destination."
            > > >
            > > > "With eagerness and intensity
            > > > Everything
            > > > Can be achieved."
            > > >
            > > > "My heart has
            > > > Beaming smiles
            > > > For the winners."
            > > >
            > > > "The smiles
            > > > That we give to the world
            > > > From our inner suffering
            > > > Are most exquisite."
            > > >

            > > > Doris
            > > >
            > > > P.S. I have not yet been able to figure out how to change the
            > > > language through control panel. It looks simple but maybe their

          • grega_levi
            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 29, 2006
              Dear Doris, please try this: go to Control Panel, click icon for
              Keyboard and then, select tag Input Locales,click button Change and
              then click Add and select Your language.
              If You want that the language You chosed is to be Your default
              language, before You close the latest window [Text Services] chose
              Your language above in part Default Input language ...
              I hope this will work, Grega

              --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, grega_levi

              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 1, 2006
                Ah yes Doris! one of the *biggest* little words in the dictionary!
                Sharani :-)

                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 4, 2006
                  Thank you Grega, it's working. The second "trick" was to remove some
                  settings, the first was to try on even if it looks like being a
                  hopeless case, third, all advanced computer users may have fun!

                  Doris :-)