FOUR DINNER INVITATIONS

  • predrag_of_the_heart
    Message 1 of 1 , May 30, 2006
      FOUR DINNER INVITATIONS

      I have received dinner invitations
      From God and man,
      From Heaven and earth.

      Earth will feed me
      With earth's food: doubt and fear.

      Heaven will feed me
      With Heaven's food: faith and courage.

      Man will feed me
      With man's food: depression and frustration.

      God will feed me
      With God's Food: Light and Delight.

      Doubt and fear will not be able to feed me
      regularly;

      Therefore I don't need them.
      Faith and courage may be a bit slow in
      feeding me,
      But I shall gladly wait.

      Depression and frustration will poison me
      With their food. No harm!

      I know perfectly well
      That I shall not remain always dead.
      For I clearly see that God's Food,
      Light and Delight,
      Is fast approaching my eternally real hunger.

      Sri Chinmoy

      http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/sri-chinmoy-wings-
      light/part10/5.html