Re: Humor and creativity

    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 31, 2006
      Well, now that we are on the subject of jokes....here's a good one!

      THE NAME OF YOUR WIFE

      St. Peter is questioning three married couples to see if they qualify
      for admittance to heaven.

      "Why do you deserve to pass the Pearly Gates?" he asks one of the men,
      who had been a butler.

      "I was a good father," he answers.

      "Yes, but you were a drunk all your life. In fact, you were so bad you
      even married a woman named Sherry. No admittance."

      St. Peter then turned to the next man, a carpenter, and asked him the
      same question.

      The carpenter replied that he had worked hard and taken good care of
      his family.

      But St. Peter also rejected him, pointing out that he had been an
      impossible glutton, so much so that he married a woman named BonBon.

      At this point the third man, who had been a lawyer, stood up and said,
      "Come on, Penny, let's get out of here."

      Kamalakanta

      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, shane_dublincentre
      <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > I have one I heard today:
      >
      > ....she's hidden under so many layers that God only knows what the
      > real Mary is like.
      >
      > Shane
      >

      > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, doriscott20002000
      > <no_reply@> wrote:
      > >

      > > Yes, it's a nice idea. Maybe the pictures are still to come. I very
      > > much liked #2 and #3.
      > >
      > > Recently I read by an unknown author:
      > >
      > > "It's better to fail to be good, then to succeed to be bad."
      > >
      > > Doris
      > >

      > > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, niriha7 <no_reply@>
      > > wrote:
      > > >

      > > > Humor and creativity certainly seem to befriend Pavitrata. Here is
      > > > just another example:
      > > >

      > > http://www.srichinmoycentre.org/gallery/members/pavitrata/FoundSounds/

    • doriscott20002000
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 1 6:27 AM
        O God, what a truth! What you heard today reminds me of a
        very famous utterance:

        "They see the 'thorn' in others eyes but not the beam in their own
        eye.

        Jesus Christ

        /