Re: Humor and creativity

  • shane_dublincentre
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 31, 2006
      I have one I heard today:

      ....she's hidden under so many layers that God only knows what the
      real Mary is like.

      Shane

      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, doriscott20002000

      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 31, 2006
        Well, now that we are on the subject of jokes....here's a good one!

        THE NAME OF YOUR WIFE

        St. Peter is questioning three married couples to see if they qualify
        for admittance to heaven.

        "Why do you deserve to pass the Pearly Gates?" he asks one of the men,
        who had been a butler.

        "I was a good father," he answers.

        "Yes, but you were a drunk all your life. In fact, you were so bad you
        even married a woman named Sherry. No admittance."

        St. Peter then turned to the next man, a carpenter, and asked him the
        same question.

        The carpenter replied that he had worked hard and taken good care of
        his family.

        But St. Peter also rejected him, pointing out that he had been an
        impossible glutton, so much so that he married a woman named BonBon.

        At this point the third man, who had been a lawyer, stood up and said,
        "Come on, Penny, let's get out of here."

        Kamalakanta

        --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, shane_dublincentre
        <no_reply@...> wrote:

        > I have one I heard today:
        >
        > ....she's hidden under so many layers that God only knows what the
        > real Mary is like.
        >
        > Shane
        >

        > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, doriscott20002000
        > <no_reply@> wrote:
        > >

        > > Yes, it's a nice idea. Maybe the pictures are still to come. I very
        > > much liked #2 and #3.
        > >
        > > Recently I read by an unknown author:
        > >
        > > "It's better to fail to be good, then to succeed to be bad."
        > >
        > > Doris
        > >

        > > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, niriha7 <no_reply@>
        > > wrote:
        > > >

        > > > Humor and creativity certainly seem to befriend Pavitrata. Here is
        > > > just another example:
        > > >

        > > http://www.srichinmoycentre.org/gallery/members/pavitrata/FoundSounds/

      • doriscott20002000
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 1 6:27 AM
          O God, what a truth! What you heard today reminds me of a
          very famous utterance:

          "They see the 'thorn' in others eyes but not the beam in their own
          eye.

          Jesus Christ

          /