Tangible Lift of Consciousness

  • harmonyvision <harmonyvision@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 19, 2003
      Nayak wrote:

      > For those who are interested in meditation or practice it, you
      > will know the struggle to keep your attention on the meditation
      > itself, or on your heart or on whatever you meditate on. But,
      > with Sri Chinmoy, it is infinitely easier. I could feel a
      > tangible lift of consciousness. This is why I have a spiritual
      > master to help me.

      Having meditated with Sri Chinmoy, I know what you mean, Nayak, about
      "a tangible lift of consciousness." It's funny, because there are
      people who had incredibly intense meditations with Sri Chinmoy once
      upon a time. But then they returned to worldly life. Now that they no
      longer have a place for Sri Chinmoy in their hearts, they have come to
      the brilliant conclusion that the inner joy they felt in his presence
      was all a self-induced experience! How clever is the human mind, and
      how it can rob people of things they promised their soul they would
      never forget. Fortunately, Sri Chinmoy does something special to help
      convince the mind. He asks his disciples to meditate without him, then
      he enters the meditation hall and lifts up their meditation most
      noticeably! He mentions this in one of his stories:

      http://www.storiesbysrichinmoy.com/lightless-soldiers-fail/1

      ~harmonyvision