EVER AND NEVER (Re: - another lost reference for Mrinali)

  • beverly_canada
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 2, 2006
      Ever And Never
      **************

      Will You love me, Lord,

      If I love ignorance more?

      "I shall love you,

      To you open My Spirit's Door."

      Will You love me, Lord,

      If I marry the fires of hell?

      "I shall love you;

      Your life's venom-tree My Eye shall fell."

      Will You love me, Lord,

      If I live with wildest death?

      "I shall love you;

      In you I sowed My deathless Breath."

      Will You love me, Lord,

      If I come to You alone?

      "Never! Bring quick

      With you the world, else I shall moan."

      Sri Chinmoy

      No. 18 from "My Flute".
      http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/my-flute/18.html

      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, mrinalicc
      <no_reply@...> wrote:

> [...]
      > >
      > > Now home, I have tried to find the number of the post you asked
      > about
      > > that Joygata wrote. By typing his name into the *search* box
      > which is
      > > across from the green word *MESSAGES* at the top of the page, his
      > > postings come up. Sometimes you will receive a message that the
      > > search has timed out (different from losing an internet connection)
      > > and you will see a grey box which says *search more*. You can
      > actually
      > > continue this process all the way back to the beginning of
      > postings on
      > > the Inspiration Site. In this case, the number of the message you
      > > were looking for is 16007 - In Defence of Whites where Jogyata
      > > humorously defends Nayana's misspelling of the word humorous. She
      > > wrote humerous. He says:
      > >
      > > I have to spring to Nayana's defence here – in my knightly whites
      > of
      > > course – and point out that the word she used was `humerous', not
      > > `humerus' as you supposed, and not `humorous' as one might have
      > > supposed she intended. Our language is constantly evolving and is
      > not
      > > static, fossilized, and I would like to congratulate Nayana on
      > > inventing a lovely new word to add to our rich literary heritage.
      > May
      > > I humbly propose that `humerous' henceforth means: `of or
      > pertaining
      > > to mirthful humour that titillates the humerus ie arm bone
      > somewhere.'
      > > Congrats Nayana, you have further enriched the English language.
      > >
      > > Then he went on to offer a clever and witty poem.
      > >
      > > Subjects can also be searched. I recently did a search on the
      > words
      > > *Olympic Games* and where it was used in the title of a post, it
      > > showed up.
      > >
      > > Hopes this helps you.
      > >
      > > Niriha
      > >
      > > PS Doris was saying that she did not care for interpretations of
      > Sri
      > > Chinmoy's poetry. I have heard Guru expressed a similar feeling
      > > though when asked, as he has been at times, what a poem meant, he
      > has
      > > compassionately answered. However, I appreciate both yours and
      > > Arpan's explanation as to why you like to do it.
      > >

      > > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, vasanti_hd
      > > <no_reply@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hi Niriha,
      > > >
      > > > thank you for your sweet story!
      > > >
      > > > I found a poem for you - maybe not the one your were looking
      > for, but
      > > > along the same line (I remembered only something with "tiny body-
      > > > cage"):
      > > >
      > > > 9374. Reality-Freedom-Sky
      > > >
      > > > Although the soul-bird has allowed itself
      > > > To be caught inside the tiny body-cage,
      > > > It still carries the message
      > > > Of the boundless Reality-Freedom-Sky.
      > > >
      > > > from Ten Thousand Flower-Flames, Part 94

    • mrinalicc
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 2, 2006
        Well fancy that! thank you Beverly, I never thought of looking in
        the most obvious place! Every one a classic - I really must learn
        them all one day.

        Mrinali