Re: "My God-Hunger-Cry" Prayer for Feb. 28

  • vasanti_hd
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28, 2006
      "Today I fight
      Against ignorance-night.
      Tomorrow I shall dance
      In God's Victory-Delight."

      Again, just repeating this prayer inwardly or aloud and meditating on
      it is a most powerful mantra-weapon against ignorance-night.

      And yet there is so much that could be said about it, after
      meditating on it. The Indian scriptures come to mind, where it is
      said that "the soul cannot be won be the weakling". Just reading the
      prayer gives us renewed strength and courage to never give up, to not
      succumb to ignorance or surrender to the sometimes suffocating veil
      of ignorance, in spite of constant, daily ignorance-attacks from
      inside and outside ourselves.

      Just to emphasize that the prayer is about an inner and not an outer
      fight, I would like to quote again some of Sri Chinmoy's own words.

      FF 9206. To Fight Heroically

      Do you want to fight heroically
      Against the ignorance-giant?
      Then be happy!

      from Ten Thousand Flower-Flames, Part 93
      http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/sri-chinmoy-flower-flames/part93/6.html

      FF 22416.

      When we are self-giving
      God helps us fight
      Against ignorance-night
      Before it starts.

      from Seventy-Seven Thousand Service-Trees, Part 23
      http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/sri-chinmoy-service-trees/part23/416.html

      FF 644. I Fight My Ignorance-Night

      As a fire department
      Fights fire
      Not with fire
      But with water,
      Even so,
      I fight my ignorance-night
      Not with my ignorance-night,
      But with my meditation-light.

      from Ten Thousand Flower-Flames, Part 7
      http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/sri-chinmoy-flower-flames/part7/44.html

      And answering a practical question about how to protect oneself in
      everyday working life, Sri Chinmoy answered:

      "... You conquer ignorance by inundating it with your inner Light and
      Peace...
      On the outer plane you may be quite cordial, friendly and
      sympathetic, but on the inner plane you have to be very strong
      always. You have to remember that right now you are a tiny, fragile
      plant which can be easily destroyed. But you do have the power within
      you to create a protective barrier between yourself and your
      associates, a power to fight ignorance. This power, which is in the
      form of Peace, Light or Bliss, you get from your meditation..."

      Excerpt from Flame Waves, Part 3
      http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/sri-chinmoy-flame-waves/part3/10.html

      "While struggling against falsehood, inertia, darkness, imperfection,
      limitation and bondage, he (the seeker) is bound to feel a kind of
      inner joy, provided he is struggling sincerely...
      If we are wholeheartedly trying, then our divine qualities are bound
      to increase. It is the divine qualities within us that are inspiring
      us to fight against teeming ignorance. So how can they desert us when
      it is they who have asked us to fight? If we are really making a
      sincere spiritual struggle, then we are not going to lose our divine
      qualities. On the contrary, our inner qualities will increase in
      boundless measure."

      Excerpt from My Meditation-Service At The United Nations For 25 Years
      http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/meditation-service/342.html

      In oneness
      Vasanti