Invitation to Heidelberg Halfmarathon

  • vasanti_hd
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 30, 2006
      Hi to all Heidelberg-loving runners!

      On Sunday, April 30th, at 9.30 a.m. will be the start of the 25th
      Heidelberg Halfmarathon, an very scenic (remember Thomas Jefferson!)
      but not quite easygoing running experience (twice up the hills),
      along and across the Neckar, up to the "Philosophier's Path" on the
      Heiligenberg, through the woods and passing by Pujaloy and the
      Heidelberg Castle on the other side of the Neckar.

      Since the run is extremely popular it always takes just two or three
      weeks after the registration openes for the maximum of 3000 runners
      to be reached. (Usually, if one is really desperate, there is a
      chance of getting an official race number the day before the race
      from someone who cannot participate. Switching is allowed.)

      We used to participate as a large group from the Sri Chinmoy Marathon
      Team, with runners coming from Zurich and Austria and a nice brunch
      together afterwards, but in the last years Centre participation went
      down to only a handfull. (It's very easy to miss the registration-
      deadline.)

      So if you are inspired to join - from Germany, neighbouring countries
      or even on a stopover back from New York - you are very welcome in
      Heidelberg. It would be great to have a big team with SCMT-T-shirts
      (or even World Harmony Run plus torch, like three of us did it last
      May in Eberbach). If we had enough fast runners, we could even place
      in the team category.

      If you are slow, never mind: there are plenty of people walking on
      the hilly parts - sometimes faster than some runners. Plus it's great
      training for August.... And New York in April also offers some
      opportunity for last minute hill training...

      To register (registration opens on Febr. 1st), please either call us
      in Heidelberg or register online:

      http://www.tsg78-hd.de/sas-hm2006/news.html

      (and then to: "Anmeldung"). Please don't forget to
      enter "Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team" as your team.

      Greetings
      Vasanti

      "Aspiration-hearts
      Always run
      Faster than the fastest
      Along the soul's sunlit path."
      - Sri Chinmoy

      (from Twenty-Seven Thousand Aspiration-Plants, Part 160)

      http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/sri-chinmoy-aspiration-plants/part160/90.html

      Sri Chinmoy set this poem to music, the song is at:
      http://admin.srichinmoysongs.com/s_/songs/41/ckgsong101993941/ckgsong101993941-s.gif

      (plus more running songs at http://srichinmoysongs.com)
    • vasanti_hd
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1, 2006
        For any aspirants inspired to participate in the Heidelberg
        Halfmarathon on April 30th just as a reminder:

        Online-registration is open as from today, also in English, under:
        https://ssl.ponznet.net/tsg78/anmeldung_sel_lang.php
        (as your team, please enter "Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team"!)

        And the numbers/tickets go fast....

        Hoping for a nice big team of SCMT runners

        Vasanti

        --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, vasanti_hd