Bhulite Diyona - comments by Sri Chinmoy

  • bernice131313
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 19, 2005
      I try to sing the song "Bhulite Diyona" every day, so I was very
      happy to come across some comments in the Sri Chinmoy online library
      about how we can use our imagination to help us when singing it.

      He is asked the question: "In the song "Bhulite diyona" there are
      four aspects of the Supreme mentioned: His Feet, His Eyes, His
      Message and His Dream. What should we imagine or visualise while we
      are singing each of those words, and what do we receive from them?"

      Sri Chinmmoy's response - " At that time you have to imagine the
      personal aspect of the Supreme. The Supreme is both personal and
      impersonal. Try to imagine a beautiful golden Being right in front
      of you. When we see Mother Kali's picture, she seems very dark. But
      Mother Kali in Her highest reality is golden. Our Supreme also we
      have to take as the most beautiful golden Being.

      Exercise your imagination-power. If you use your imagination-power,
      you will be able to visualise His Feet, His Eyes, His Message and
      His Dream - the Dream that He has in you, in each individual, His
      own Dream that He wants to manifest in and through you. For each
      individual he has sown a new Dream. You have to pray to Him to
      manifest His Dream in you. When you sing the second part, with
      utmost humility you have to feel that your body, vital, mind, heart
      and soul have made their prostration. Imagine that your soul is
      bowing to the Supreme, followed by your heart, mind, vital and
      physical. Everything that you have and everything that you are is
      absolutely at the Feet of the Supreme.

      I use the term bowing, but bowing is not the right word. Bowing can
      be just a nod of the head. You have to feel that you are bowing in
      the traditional Indian way of lying down prostrate in front of a
      statue in the temple. This does not mean to make a display, far from
      it! If you lie down at the feet of a statue while you are only
      thinking of tomorrow's breakfast, that will not do any good. You
      have to absolutely make yourself feel that you are as humble as a
      speck of dust or a grain of sand. When Swami Vivekananda's humility
      came to the fore, he used to say that Sri Ramakrishna could make
      thousands and millions of Vivekanandas just from specks of dust and
      grains of sand. That is sincere humility. That is the kind of bowing
      down that you need to imagine in this song?where you become the
      embodiment of purest humility. You have to feel that you are nothing
      but a speck of dust, and you are placing this worthless thing at the
      Feet of the Supreme."

      Sri Chinmoy Centre