To Bhakati (was Re: In Praise of Whites}

  • pavitrata27
    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 9, 2005
      Did someone mention my name?

      Pavitrata would like very much a Scottish Gaelic translation of said
      aphorism

      I also need the Greek, the Latin and the Vietnamese translations.

      I thank-you..

      Pavitrata

      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, shane_dublincentre
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:

> [...]
      > as
      > "Is é mo bhuanghra Dé mo rún naofa"
      >
      > He was about to put the Scottish as well as the Irish flag on the
      > postcard (which you can see in his gallery) until I warned him of the
      > difference. From my buffoon's knowledge of Scots Gaelic, Im not sure a
      > Scots translation would be all that different, but it would be a nice
      > thing to gave him one for comparison.
      >
      > Shane

      > > What a relief that you didn't repay me in my own coin! I think I'm not
      > > entirely cut of that hard-working cloth that some are. Clocking extra
      > > hours just seemed to make me cranky and tired. Luckily the weekend
      > > unfolds and the worst I have to worry about is how to pack a light
      > > suitcase. :-)
      > >
      > > You know I was in England and Scotland for the first and only time
      > > back in the summer of 1985. I did not go to Skye but did go to the
      > > island of Iona. Portrayed as a very spiritual place in the guidebooks,
      > > it more than lived up to its reputation in my eyes. And I mostly
      > > remember seeing more sheep than people for the first time ever. Now if
      > > I had gone to New Zealand back when Guru lifted all those lambs and
      > > this group came into existence - then I guess I would have had another
      > > occasion to see a multitude of sheep. Are there many on Skye?
      > >
      > > I'm so happy to hear from you in your new abode. I wonder if any
      > > Inspiration Group readers/posters know Gaelic and can banter in it
      > > with you?
      > >
      > > Sharani
      > >

      > > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, bhakati
      > > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > -
      > > > Thanks,Sharani, and yes,Scotland has a unique and heart-binding
      > beauty.
      > > > I am living on the Hebridean island of Skye "Eoin mhoir sgiamhach
      > > na
      > > > h'Albainn" the Great bird's wing of Scotland. This is the
      > > home of the
      > > > Cuillin, mountains loved by climbers from all over the world(
      and the
      > > > Edinburgh Centre!) They have an unspeakably beautiful silent
      > > majesty, thrust
      > > > upwards by some power that can still be felt. The school where I
      > > am studying
      > > > Gaelic is on the south end of the island, and looks across the Sound
      > > of Sleat
      > > > to the mountains of Knoydart and Kintail, where the play of light
      > > and shadow
      > > > and wind and rain and now snow, make for a costantly
      > > > changing"colourscape." Something about the light here, and the
      > > > steadfastness of the mountains,makes it easy to meditate. The sea is
      > > very
      > > > present, and ages of silence can still be felt. Because it is
      > > somewhat remote, I
      > > > am appreciating the web sites very much. I have some pictures,
      > so how
      > > > about some more advice? All love and gratitude, Bhakati

    • bhakati
      Message 2 of 14 , Dec 10, 2005
        Dear Shane,
        I am very inspired to hear from you. My intention here on Skye is to
        translate some of Sri Cinmoy's work into Gaelic. I am having to pay my dues
        to the grammer of this beautiful language first, though! Irish and Scottish
        Gaelic are not too different, and links are being built between the college I am
        at and Ireland. I have the Invocation in Scots Gaelic, and use the word for
        Peace " Seimh"( with a long "e" ) as a mantra. "Mo shaoghal do chasan de
        sholus" is the line of the Invocation ...my worldThy feet of Light.
        I will reply to Pavitrata when I have checked my grammar!

        Bhakati

        no_reply@y...> wrote:

> [...]
        > > majesty, thrust
        > > > upwards by some power that can still be felt. The school where I
        > > am studying
        > > > Gaelic is on the south end of the island, and looks across the Sound
        > > of Sleat
        > > > to the mountains of Knoydart and Kintail, where the play of light
        > > and shadow
        > > > and wind and rain and now snow, make for a costantly
        > > > changing"colourscape." Something about the light here, and the
        > > > steadfastness of the mountains,makes it easy to meditate. The sea is
        > > very
        > > > present, and ages of silence can still be felt. Because it is
        > > somewhat remote, I
        > > > am appreciating the web sites very much. I have some pictures,
        > so how
        > > > about some more advice? All love and gratitude, Bhakati

      • bhakati
        Message 3 of 14 , Dec 12, 2005
          --What a privilege Pavitrata to be able to contribute to your majestic work!

          Here is the aphorism in GAIDHLIG (with \ over the A) ALBANNACH
          " 'Se mo ghaol seasamhach Dhe( with\ over the e) nam ruin (with \
          over the u) naoimhe" I hope this is clear! Gratitude. Bhakati

          - In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, pavitrata27 <