Photogenicity (was Centimeters and Inches)

  • dharmaja
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 1, 2005
      Let's face it, some people just aren't photogenic.

      In other news, when we had Sri Chinmoy's Harmony Concert in San Diego,
      the general manager of the local food co-op extended very gracious
      hospitality to us, and she allowed us to hang out for HOURS and HOURS
      in front of the store, giving out the information to promote the event.

      As a gesture of thanks, I created a (groovy?) design, which I had made
      into a t-shirt, which I subsequently gave to her. As it turns out,
      the design was a bit far-out for her tastes, but her brother-in-law
      totally loved it.

      Here's the link:

      http://www.geocities.com/dharmaja/inspiration37.html

      (and, if you scroll down the page a bit, you might see some other
      marginally tolerable photos).

      -- D.
      _____________________________

      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, niriha7
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:

      > Should anyone wish to see just who this brainy person is, please go to
      > Tsvetan's photo album of San Diego. Dharmaja is the fourth photo in a
      > photo with Sri Chinmoy taking a picture with a camera.
      >
      > http://www.srichinmoycentre.org/gallery/members/tsvetan_tsekov/SD/
      >
      > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, dharmaja
      > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Greetings, Purnakama,
      > >
      > > I am so grateful that I now enjoy international notoriety (oops, I
      > > mean, acclaim) in the field of calculations and conversions.
      > >
      > > If you want to convert centimeters to inches, divide by 2.54.
      > >
      > > So, if you had 30 centimeters of snow, you divide by 2.54, and you get
      > > 11.811023 inches.
      > >
      > > Alternately, if you want to convert the other way around, just plant
      > > in your memory bank that 1 centimeter = 0.393700787 inches (oh, you
      > > desperately needed to know that, I'm sure!)
      > >
      > > Dharmaja
      > > _________________
      > >

      > > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, purnakama2000
      > > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hi Sharani!
      > > >
      > > > Yes indeedy, at least where I am, winter has definitely blessed us
      > > > with her lovely white presence.
      > > >
      > > > Our first blessings came on my soul's day just over a week ago.
      I had
      > > > been praying and praying for winter to come, and I guess God
      listened
      > > > to my prayer. I'm sure that my fellow Winnipeggers were not
      thrilled
      > > > with my prayers as it wasn't a lovely light dusting that we woke up
      > > > to, but rather a full on blizzard that saw 30cm of snow on the
      > ground
      > > > by the afternoon. Part of the meaning of my name is that all of my
      > > > Divine wishes will be fulfilled by God, so in future, I'd better be
      > > > careful what I wish for :)
      > > >
      > > > Despite the fact that it was a raging blizzard, and I had to shovel
      > > > 20cm of snow off of the top of my car just to get out of my
      driveway
      > > > in the morning, (which I also got stuck in until some nice
      neighbors
      > > > pushed me out), I was absolutely filled with joy that day. I was
      > > > singing happily all day at work, while my colleagues were grumbling
      > > > about shovelling and getting stuck in traffic, and probably
      secretly
      > > > wishing that I would stop being so darn happy.
      > > > The whole time I was shovelling off my car that morning, I felt
      > like I
      > > > was being showered with a white monsoon of blessings, and that
      > feeling
      > > > lasted the whole day.
      > > >
      > > > We are expecting a little more this week, but nothing like what we
      > > > received a week ago.
      > > >
      > > > I hope your travels for thanksgiving were safe and happy :)
      > > >
      > > > Looking forward to seeing you in Malaysia, where we are
      guaranteed to
      > > > be snow free!
      > > >
      > > > Purnakama
      > > >
      > > > PS 30 cm= 10 to 15 inches (I think. Dharmaja, please correct me if
      > I'm
      > > > wrong)
      > > >
      > > > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, sharani_sharani

      > > > blowing
      > Thanksgiving and

    • niriha7
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 3, 2005
        Hi Dharmaja,

        Regarding this sentence you wrote:

        "Let's face it, some people just aren't photogenic."

        I was wondering about the fishing expedition - is it a deep sea
        expedition or will it be fly fishing? :-)

        I simply cannot imagine why the manager of a food co-op would not want
        a T-shirt with a skeleton on it especially since so many Americans are
        overweight!