Re: Weekend Functions-Oct. - Guru's phone call

  • dietlclaudia
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 2, 2005
      Thank you for this nice report. In Germany, we were indeed eagerly
      waiting for Guru's phone call.
      First, He asked how many we were. Guru had expected 700 but the
      number was only 600. In spite of this Guru cold all disciples over 20
      years to the phone and gave his personal blessings. This were over 50
      people and I found it quite amazing that Guru spoke to so many people
      in person.
      It was nice for us under 20 too, although we could not here what Guru
      said. But the atmosphere was full of blessingful silence.
      Then Guru spoke to us and mentioned the function for his sister Lily.
      He said that the Bhajan-singers sang most most soulfully.
      We then sang "My Lord Beloved Supreme" and Guru said a few things
      more about a lift that He wants to do before Christmas.

      I did not get everything properly this time, but was inwardly totally
      happy and peaceful. This really made the Joyday special and
      unforgettable.

      with Gratitude
      claudia

      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, arpan_deangelo
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:

      > Weekend Functions-Oct. 29-30
      >
      > This weekend in Jamaica, New York that is, turned out to be fairly
      > good weather compared to the cold spell which had settled in during
      > the past week. After a chilly Saturday morning two mile race (see
      > prayer and results on posting # 15662), the weather starting going
      our
      > way as we prepared for a special function honoring Sri Chinmoy's
      > sister Lily's birthday in the afternoon.
      >
      > The International group of women singers called the Bhajan Singers,
      > started the program with about an hour of very soulful and haunting
      > renditions of Sri Chinmoy's songs relating to Lily-di. On the last
      > song, `Antare', Sri Chinmoy joined them in the singing. He later
      > explained that the words were written by Lily and he set them to
      music
      > many years ago. He described it as a most beautiful song, and there
      > was no doubt about that for those who heard it performed today.
      >
      > Following the uplifting music, Sri Chinmoy amused us with some very
      > sweet stories about Lily. I myself remember when she had come to
      visit
      > in New York for the first and only time in 1978. It was quite cold
      as
      > usual in the beginning of the year and she had never been out of the
      > hot weather of South India most of her life. It was very difficult
      for
      > her to get used to the extreme cold, and I recall that she had
      gotten
      > lots of warm clothes to wear-jackets, hats, gloves, etc. She would
      > wear them sometimes even indoors. She was so kind and self-giving,
      > sometimes even giving us prasad at functions. Some of the beautiful
      > photos of Lily from those days decorated the Aspiration-Ground tent
      > and reminded me of some of the memorable experiences she blessed us
      > with back then. Her presence seemed quite powerful and sweet at this
      > function honoring her, such a wonderful member of Sri Chinmoy's
      > family. Sri Chinmoy said that she was all sacrifice for her `younger
      > brother.'
      >
      > The good singers and musicians practiced and recorded a special song
      > for a very great musician who is a special friend of Sri Chinmoy. He
      > and his family were visiting in New York this weekend performing at
      > Carnegie Hall. With Premik as our leader and conductor, the song
      > recently written by Sri Chinmoy became very powerfully alive as the
      > whole `orchestra' played it quite enthusiastically for audio and
      video
      > as well.
      >
      > After the performance, Sri Chinmoy offered a special Indian sweet
      for
      > prasad in honor of Lily-di. He then said that there would be a short
      > break because he wanted to call a German Centre that was hosting a
      Joy