hill climb race

  • richard13_oxford
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 2, 2005
      The last race of the cycling season in Britain is the National Hill
      Climb Championship. 900 yards up a hill with an average gradient of 20%.

      It is a fairly tortuous 2 and a half minutes, although the crowd of
      spectators give you a lot of encouragement. There were great views
      from the top.

      A friend took a short video which gives an idea of this kind of cycle
      race. It was half way up just before the really steep bit.
      You will also be able to hear the Lancashire commentator having a few
      difficulties trying to pronounce the name of Sri Chinmoy Cycling Team
      (pronounced Shree Chin ~ moy)

      Somebody thought I was smiling, but it was more of a grimmace. Smiling
      is good but not when climbing the Rake.

      http://www.srichinmoyraces.org/cycling/cycling_articles/national-hill-climb/
      http://tinyurl.com/dg389

      Richard
    • dharmaja
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 4, 2005
        Dear King Richard,

        No matter where you place in an event, in our eyes you are still...

        KING of the HILL ! ! !

        -- Dharmaja

        --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, richard13_oxford