Angels, deeds and thoughts!

  • anitabusic
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2005
      Dear all,

      After a while, here I come back again with more interesting quotes,
      stories and jokes. Enjoy!

      :)) Anita

      Sometimes your best friend is actually a guardian angel in disguise.
      The angels stand between us and God, but they are translucent, even
      transparent, and they beckon us to penetrate their luminosity.

      - Peter Wilson

      http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/sri-chinmoy-aspiration-
      plants/part116/9.html

      Each purity-heart
      At every moment
      Can enjoy the live and promise
      Of an angel-friend.

      - Sri Chinmoy

      * * *

      A fool thinks it like honey so long as the bad deed does not bear
      fruit, but when it does bear fruit he experiences suffering.

      - Buddha

      Like fresh milk a bad deed does not turn at once. It follows a fool
      scorching him like a smouldering fire.

      - Buddha

      http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/sri-chinmoy-answers/part12/10.html

      Mrs. Guruge: My question is about karma. How does it fit in with
      advaita Vedantism? They don't believe in karma.

      Sri Chinmoy: Is there anybody who does not believe in the law of
      karma? Everyone knows the saying, «As you sow, so you reap.» Then
      again, there may be divine intervention. If God's Grace, God's
      Compassion and God's Forgiveness descend, then the law of karma can
      be negated. God can nullify karma. If a naughty boy most ruthlessly
      strikes a neighbour boy, the victim's father comes to punish the
      culprit. But then the naughty boy's father intervenes. Because he
      has such affection for his child, he will not allow the other father
      to strike the child. He says, «Yes, my son has done this. I know it
      is wrong, and he will not do it anymore. But I will not allow you to
      beat my son.» Because the culprit's father is very strong, the
      father of the victim surrenders.
      In exactly the same way, God can protect us. Many, many things we do
      wrong, but sometimes our Beloved Father Supreme breaks His own
      Cosmic Law and saves us. At these times, our Father wants to play
      the role of God the Forgiveness, either because we have done
      something good for Him or because He feels there is hope that we
      will eventually become good children of His. He says, «Now they have
      done something wrong, something horrible, but in the future they
      will not do this kind of thing.» Or He may say, «Over the years
      many, many times they have prayed for My Victory or done various
      things to make Me happy. So let Me show My Forgiveness.» But again,
      if He sees that there is really no hope, that we are really bad
      people and shall continue to do the wrong thing, then He will
      say, «No, you have to abide by the Cosmic Law. You have done
      something wrong, so you have to pay the penalty.»
      At times, not only does the Supreme show His infinite Compassion and
      Forgiveness, but spiritual Masters who represent Him also do the
      same. It is true that the Supreme is the ocean and the spiritual
      Master is just a tiny drop. But the tiny drop totally identifies
      with the infinite ocean and knows its oneness with the ocean. And
      this tiny drop has been ordained by the ocean itself to be of help
      to those who are unfortunately not yet even drops.
      So the law of karma is a most complicated thing, and there are no
      hard and fast rules. According to the strict law of karma, if we do
      something wrong, we will be punished. Again, if we do something very
      good, the law of karma says we will be rewarded. Unfortunately, we
      expect the results in the twinkling of an eye. But we have forgotten
      all the bad things that we have done in addition to that one good
      thing. Before doing one very good thing, before making what we
      consider a supreme sacrifice, perhaps we have done many wrong
      things. That is why we are not getting the results of our divine
      action. God is using our one good deed to nullify all the terrible
      things, worse than the worst, that we have done over the years. We
      say, «God has no eyes, God has no ears.» But actually God is showing
      us boundless Compassion by putting our one little good deed on the
      same footing as all our bad deeds. In this way He is saving us from
      so much karmic suffering.
      So if we are in the spiritual life, we can never say how God is
      going to respond to our actions. In the ordinary human life, the law
      of cause and effect usually applies. But in the spiritual life,
      quite often we see the intervention of divine Grace. That is because
      in the spiritual life we are all the time praying to God. Even if we
      are only asking God for a nice breakfast, at least we are
      Name.» But the person who is not in the spiritual life does not ask
      God for anything.

      http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/sri-chinmoy-flame-
      waves/part5/13.html

      Ms. Yvette Ripplinger: Is it right for spiritual Masters to take the
      suffering of their disciples? If the disciples do something bad and
      they do not suffer themselves, how will they learn the lesson?

      Sri Chinmoy: It is often true that if one does not have the
      firsthand experience, then one will not understand or learn
      properly. One will not understand the seriousness of his actions if
      he does not suffer the consequences. If I see that somebody has put
      his finger in fire and burned himself, I know that that person is
      feeling pain but I will not suffer to the same extent that he does.
      But if God has given me a heart, I will feel the suffering that he
      is going through. It is not that these people are making mistakes
      for the first time, and it is not that they have never seen others
      make these mistakes. They have seen others make these mistakes, and
      they have seen how much suffering the others have gone through. But
      out of temptation, or because they have allowed some undivine forces
      to enter into them, they make the same mistakes and earn the
      punishment. But the spiritual Master has the heart of a real mother.
      If the mother knows that her child has done something wrong and will
      be punished, the mother says, "O God, let me suffer on my child's
      behalf. Let him be protected." This is a mother's heart. And if the
      child is divine, if he is loving, if he is sincere, when he sees his
      mother suffering he says, "I deserved this suffering, but my mother
      is suffering on my behalf. She has all love for me. Let me not cause
      her more suffering. Let me not do this again." When the son sees and
      feels that the mother is suffering for his misdeeds, if he has real
      love for his mother, he does not want to repeat them. His mother has
      shown her real love by accepting his suffering as her own. And the
      son also can show his real love by doing the right thing from then
      on. In the case of the spiritual children and the Master, the same
      truth is applied. The spiritual children do not want their spiritual
      Master to suffer again and again on their behalf.
      You may say that if one does not suffer himself, he will not learn.
      This is true in most cases. But if a person is sincere, if he is
      aspiring, if he has love for his Guru, he will feel a kind of inner
      obligation not to do the same thing again. And what is more
      important, if he truly loves his Guru, he will suffer badly when he
      sees that his Guru is suffering, especially when his sincerity makes
      him feel that it is because of him that his Guru is suffering. The
      Guru takes on the physical suffering of his dear disciples, and when
      he does so it is much milder and briefer than it would have been in
      the disciples themselves, because the Guru has the capacity to throw
      this suffering into the Universal Consciousness. But when the
      disciple sees the suffering of his beloved Master, his divine heart
      of oneness simply breaks. In this way he does suffer and he does
      learn his lesson, although the direct karmic results of his actions
      go to the Master and not to him.
      There are two ways to make progress. One way is to reap the results
      of what you sow. The other way is to be swept along by the Guru's
      Grace. The Master sees that some of his disciples have a good heart,
      that they have sincerely accepted the spiritual life and are
      determined to reach the Goal. He sees that they are not ordinary
      people. They are praying and meditating, but while following the
      spiritual life sometimes they enter into the world of temptation and
      are captured by it. Then naturally they will suffer. But at the same
      time the compassion of the Master says, "Since you are serving God,
      or you are trying to please God in various ways through your daily
      prayer and meditation, let me help you so that you do not have to
      suffer." This is sheer divine compassion. The Master hopes that when
      they see his suffering, eventually they will realise that it was
      they who were going to suffer.
      But before he takes anyone's bad karma or before he cures a person,
      a real spiritual Master will always ask God if it is His Will. I
      have to ask God if I should help someone even to cure a headache.
      You can tell the person to take an aspirin and his headache will go
      away, but I have to speak to God about it. Now God can say yes or
      no. If He says yes, that means He wants to allow a sense of
      gratitude to grow inside that particular disciple. He wants that
      disciple to feel that there is somebody who loves him and has taken
      his suffering upon himself. If God says no, it means that He wants
      that person to go through the normal process of suffering and learn
      the lesson by himself. God has two ways of operating, either through
      Compassion or through Justice. This moment He can show all His
      Compassion and the next moment He can show all His Justice. If He
      wants to show His Compassion, which He quite often does, then He
      will tell the Master, who is His instrument, to take all the
      suffering of the disciple. If He wants to show His Justice, then He
      will tell the Master to allow that person to meet with the
      consequences of his wrong deed.

      * * *

      We turn to God for help when our foundations are shaking only to
      learn that it is God shaking them.

      - Charles West

      God always answers in the deeps, never in the shallows of our soul.

      - Anonymous

      http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/sri-chinmoy-flower-
      flames/part74/18.html

      An uncertain and unaspiring mind
      Is the cause
      Of a shaky spiritual foundation.

      - Sri Chinmoy

      http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/god-book/1.html

      God answers prayers.

      - Sri Chinmoy

      * * *

      Heaven's not beyond the clouds, it's just beyond the fear.
      Heaven's not beyond the clouds, it's for us to find right here.

      - Garth Brooks

      http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/entertainment-enlightenment/5.html

      Heaven And Hell

      Akbar once asked Birbal, «After death, who are the people that go to
      Heaven and who are the people that go to hell?»
      «Your Majesty,» replied the minister, «only clever people go to
      Heaven after death. The fools go to hell.»
      «Why is that?» asked the Emperor. «Why do the clever people go to
      Heaven? How do they become clever?»
      «They become clever by knowing that there is only one thing worth
      having, and that is love. When they give love to the world and
      receive love from the world in return, everything is done. Only
      those who love the world and get love from the world are clever, and
      they go to Heaven. Those who don't love the world and do not get
      love from the world go to hell.»
      The Emperor was silent.

      Spiritual Comments

      Birbal's answer is almost perfect. His only mistake is to
      know whether we love the world for its own sake, or whether we love
      God inside the world. If we feel that the Creator and the creation
      are one, then by loving the Creator of the world we can love His
      creation as well. Otherwise, we will love the world and expect love
      from the world in return. And if we do not get love from the world,
      we will feel sad and miserable.
      According to spiritual philosophy, only those who love God in
      mankind and do not expect anything in return go to the real Heaven.
      Only those who offer love constantly and unconditionally to God in
      man can go to the highest abode of Peace, Light and Bliss after
      death. Those who do not do that will naturally go to an inferior
      world where these divine qualities are found in less sufficient
      measure.
      But again, where is Heaven? Heaven is not just a place where we go
      after death. We go to Heaven and hell every day. Heaven and hell are
      states of consciousness. In the perfection of the mind, in the peace
      of the mind, Heaven abides. In the frustration of the mind, in the
      depression of the mind, hell lives. Every day we experience Heaven
      and hell in our lives. Frustration, depression, insecurity, worry,
      doubt, fear, anxiety and jealousy all make us live in hell.
      Security, beauty, joy, peace, light and love all allow us to dwell
      in Heaven at every moment.

      * * *

      The only lasting beauty is the beauty of the heart.

      - Jalaluddin Rumi

      Don't grieve. Anything you lose comes round in another form.

      - Jalaluddin Rumi

      * * *

      Thoughts are impediments to seeing your own face. Don't give rise to
      any thought, and discover who you are.

      What is purification of the mind? No thought. This thought-less
      mind, sattvic mind, no mind, can be called Consciousness itself.
      Self itself.

      http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/cry-smile/164.html

      HUMAN THOUGHTS, DIVINE THOUGHTS

      Human thoughts drenched his eyes.
      Divine thoughts purified his eyes.
      Human thoughts drenched his eyes of sleep.
      Divine thoughts illumined his eyes of dream.
      Human thoughts made him feel
      His life is a series of frustration-death.
      The divine thought made him feel
      That his life is an express train
      Of measureless length.

      - Sri Chinmoy

      http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/europe-blossoms/966.html

      THOUGHTLESS THOUGHTS

      Thoughtless thoughts must not engross
      Your concentration-power.
      Meaningless thoughts must not blight
      Your meditation-peace.
      Soulless thoughts must not poison
      Your contemplation-light.

      - Sri Chinmoy

      * * *

      A Sunday School teacher asked her little children, as they were on
      the way to church service, "And why is it necessary to be quiet in
      church?" One bright little girl replied, "Because people are
      sleeping."

      http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/god-supreme-humourist/part1/139.html

      Mary: Does God ever play tricks on me just for fun?
      Sri Chinmoy: Just for fun, God will play tricks on you-if you enjoy
      it. If you don't enjoy it, if you are a dry intellectual human
      being, God may come in front of you but you won't be interested. If
      you enjoy jokes, He enjoys jokes. But if you do not enjoy them. He
      won't bother us, for God is a perfect gentleman. If you enjoy jokes
      and want to play a trick, naturally He will play tit for tat. If you
      do something, He will do the same. If you offer love and devotion,
      then immediately He will become your slave. So if you enjoy tricks
      and want to play tricks, then He will want to play tricks.

      http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/sri-chinmoy-god-amusement-
      rivals/part1/54.html

      You can cut jokes with God
      Only when