OT: Re: The Muffins, The Number and The Question

  • niriha7
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 1 9:56 PM
      Thank you Sarada. No, I have not lain awake at night pondering this -
      I only stumbled on the thread of the muffin post when looking for
      something on the Inspiration Group. Then I realized, "Hey, we never
      finished this! I wonder what the answer actually was..."

      I have to say, I am not convinced either. Sounds a bit like hedging
      one's bets to say, "I am thinking of a number between two and three."
      Dan could reply, "Yeah, sure, two and one half?" Then he could walk
      away with a slight smirk (slight because I imagine he is essentially a
      polite person) and keep all the muffins for himself.

      I do thank you however. I find it intriguing when someone answers a
      post and I had no idea that person was even reading messages here -
      your noble self being a case in point.

      Niriha

      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, sarada1007
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:

      > Hi Niriha, well this is the answer apparently (from some puzzle web-
      > site).. I don't really get it myself but I thought I would put you
      > out of your misery. I guess they mean some number which is greater
      > than or equal to 2, but below 3. Hmm.. Not convinced.
      >
      > Sarada
      >

      > ----------
      > Answer: The question we asked was, "I'm thinking of a number between
      > two and three. Is my number higher than yours?"
      >
      > If Dan answers "yes", then we know that his number is 1.
      >
      > If Dan answers "no", then we know that his number is 3.
      >
      > If Dan answers "I don't know", then we know that his number is 2.
      >

      > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, niriha7
      > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Dear Durba,
      > >
      > > What was the correct answer or in this case the correct question to
      > > determine the number of the muffin?!! See post #14287
      > >

      > > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, abhinabha
      > > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > The question is:
      > > >
      > > > Do faxed bananas taste better than fresh limes?
      > > >
      > > > Naturally, if the answer is no, the number has to be 1.
      > > > Otherwise it is 2.
      > > > Number 3 has never had anything to do with faxed bananas.
      > > >
      > > > If you don't believe me, go and ask Nayak.
      > > >
      > > > Abhinabha
      > > >

      > > > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, niriha7

      > bearing on
      > > > the
      > replies, "No" to
      > still
      > > > have

      > one?" and
      > > > he
      > say no
      > though an
      > > > odd
      > down.

      > mouths
      > > > all
      > > > baked
      > However, we
      > strings

      > muffin.
      > > > So

      > and we
      > > > right,"
      > or-
      > > > no

      > > > said, "Oh,
      > > > question

      > all
      > > > his
      > us
      > > > which

    • sarada1007
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 10 8:33 AM
        Hello again, Niriha.

        I have to confess that I haven't looked at the site for a while.
        The funny thing was that the muffin question was around last time I
        looked. And then when I came back to the site, there were those
        muffins again.. I always love anything to do with numbers (sad, I
        know) so I was looking for some clever answer but there actually
        wasn't one really, it was sortof fudged.

        Anyway.

        I guess that's enough with the muffins.

        Hope everyone is well!

        Sarada