Re: Greetings Luxemborg and WHR Finish

  • smarana31
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 29, 2005
      Hi Arpan,
      I can share at least some news from the finish.
      I am sure, that once Salil is back from his WHR in Europe, you two
      will sit together by a cup of tea and talk shop, about the WHR.

      Austria and Hungary had been united in the K&K kingdom for many
      hundreds of years until the first world war; so for us Austrians
      Budapest feels very home.
      After nearly 8 month the European WHR finished in the beautiful city
      of Budapest .
      Unfortunately only a small crowd, due to traffic, was allowed to run
      through the city, near to the finish place.
      The last part we joined the runners from the international team and
      we ran to a track near the Nepp stadion, where children were waiting
      to join, and together off we went to our final destination.
      Next to the Nepp stadion we gathered in a sportshall.
      On the stage, the runners were holding the flags from the many
      different countries that the World Harmony Run has visited and at
      the stage five or six flames, from the official torches, brightened
      the room.
      The torch bearers were world and olympic champions in Kajak,
      Pentatlon ...
      A children choir was singing and two ministers and some
      representatives from different districts of Budapest gave a speech.
      One of the ministers gave the international team runners a special
      medal, with the torch on it.
      Finally another choir sang the Europe song, that Guru has composed;
      that was quite haunting.
      After a short shower and a quick meal the runners were invited into
      the Parliament of Budapest, with a tour through the Parliament.
      This was the World Harmony Run Europe 2005.
      Smarana

      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, arpan_deangelo
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:

      > I hope I spelled it right. Or is it Luxembourg, or Luxemburg?
      > Anyway, greetings to Svetlana as well from her former and maybe
      future
      > World Harmony Runners. I will relay her greetings to Asidhari as
      well.

      > I believe the European portion of the World Harmony Run has just
      ended
      > Friday in Budapest. Congratulations on such a long and fruitful
      > journey........I have not heard news yet so if anyone has any news
      or
      > stories, please send some inspiration our way.
      >
      > Gratefully,
      > Arpan
      >

      > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com,
      kamalika_gyorgyjakab
      > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi Arpan, could you please tell Asidhari that also Svetlana was
      > > overwhelmed with joy upon hearing the great news. She almost
      screamed
      > > of joy in the Centre when I read out your inspiring mail about
      the
      > > Oct 22 function.
      > > Regards,
      > > Kamalika
      > >
      > > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, arpan_deangelo
      > > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hi Maria,
      > > > I will tell Asidhari, formerly Damon, that you send your
      > > > congratulations to him. But I think you forgot to mention all
      those
      > > > Subway sandwiches he was able to get donated to twelve hungry
      > > runners
      > > > on occasion. By the way, do they have Subway in Bulgaria yet?
      > > hope not.
      > > >
      > > > Gratefully,
      > > > Arpan
      > > >

      > > > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, mv_latin