attention - important notice

  • markhoogakker
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 29, 2005
      EURO ENGLISH

      The European Commission has just announced an agreement whereby
      English will be the official language of the EU rather than German,
      which was the other possibility.

      As part of the negotiations, Her Majesty's government conceded that
      English spelling had some room for improvement and has accepted a 5
      year phase plan, that would be known as "Euro-English".

      In the first year, "s" will replace the soft "c". Sertainly, this
      will make the sivil servants jump with joy. The hard "c" will be
      dropped in favor of the "k". This should klear up konfusion and
      keyboards kan have one letter less.

      There will be growing publik enthusiasm in the sekond year, when the
      troublesome "ph" will be replased with the "f". This will make words
      like "fotograf" 20% shorter.

      In the 3rd year, publik akseptanse of the new spelling kan be
      expekted to reach the stage where more komplikated changes are
      possible. Governments will enkourage the removal of double letters,
      that have always ben a deterent to akurate speling.

      Also, al wil agre that the horible mes of the silent "e" s in the
      languag is disgrasful, and they should be removed. By the 4th year,
      people wil be reseptiv to steps such as replasing "th" with "z"
      and "w" with "v".

      During ze fifz year, ze unesesary "o" kan be droped from vords
      kontaining "ou" and similar changes vud of kors be aplid to ozer
      kombinations of leters.

      After zis fifz yer, ve vil hav a reli sensibl riten styl. Zer vil be
      no mor trubls or difikultis and evrivun vil find it ezi tu understand
      ech ozer.

      ZE DREM VIL FINALI KUM TRU!!!!

      And zen ve vil take over ze vorld!!!

      achtung!

      with joy, Mark
    • smarana31
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 30, 2005
        In the end it sounds like Dutch, so I think there is a Dutch
        conspiracy going on.
        Smarana
        -- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, markhoogakker
        <no_reply@y...> wrote:

        > EURO ENGLISH
        >
        > The European Commission has just announced an agreement whereby
        > English will be the official language of the EU rather than
        German,
        > which was the other possibility.
        >
        > As part of the negotiations, Her Majesty's government conceded
        that
        > English spelling had some room for improvement and has accepted a
        5
        > year phase plan, that would be known as "Euro-English".
        >
        > In the first year, "s" will replace the soft "c". Sertainly, this
        > will make the sivil servants jump with joy. The hard "c" will be
        > dropped in favor of the "k". This should klear up konfusion and
        > keyboards kan have one letter less.
        >
        > There will be growing publik enthusiasm in the sekond year, when
        the
        > troublesome "ph" will be replased with the "f". This will make
        words
        > like "fotograf" 20% shorter.
        >
        > In the 3rd year, publik akseptanse of the new spelling kan be
        > expekted to reach the stage where more komplikated changes are
        > possible. Governments will enkourage the removal of double
        letters,
        > that have always ben a deterent to akurate speling.
        >
        > Also, al wil agre that the horible mes of the silent "e" s in the
        > languag is disgrasful, and they should be removed. By the 4th
        year,
        > people wil be reseptiv to steps such as replasing "th" with "z"
        > and "w" with "v".
        >
        > During ze fifz year, ze unesesary "o" kan be droped from vords
        > kontaining "ou" and similar changes vud of kors be aplid to ozer
        > kombinations of leters.
        >
        > After zis fifz yer, ve vil hav a reli sensibl riten styl. Zer vil
        be
        > no mor trubls or difikultis and evrivun vil find it ezi tu
        understand
        > ech ozer.
        >
        > ZE DREM VIL FINALI KUM TRU!!!!
        >
        > And zen ve vil take over ze vorld!!!
        >
        > achtung!
        >

        > with joy, Mark

      • niriha7
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 30, 2005
          Dear Mark,
          Ur post is not only funy and klever but *proof* (sometimes the double
          leter is neded) zat in ze end, ze Germans wil hav won - your last
          paragraf sunds kloser to German zan Englis.

          U vrot:
          "Also, al wil agre that the horible mes of the silent "e" s..."

          Surly u ment, "Also, al wil agre zat ze horible..."

          But droping ze "th" doz not kom until ze 4th year so u ar exkused.

          Niriha

          Now I have a headache. But I do like the idea of dropping double
          letters at the end of words since often, I simply do not know when to
          use them as in words that end in 'ly'.

          <no_reply@y...> wrote:

          > EURO ENGLISH
          >
          > The European Commission has just announced an agreement whereby
          > English will be the official language of the EU rather than German,
          > which was the other possibility.
          >
          > As part of the negotiations, Her Majesty's government conceded that
          > English spelling had some room for improvement and has accepted a 5
          > year phase plan, that would be known as "Euro-English".
          >
          > In the first year, "s" will replace the soft "c". Sertainly, this
          > will make the sivil servants jump with joy. The hard "c" will be
          > dropped in favor of the "k". This should klear up konfusion and
          > keyboards kan have one letter less.
          >
          > There will be growing publik enthusiasm in the sekond year, when the
          > troublesome "ph" will be replased with the "f". This will make words
          > like "fotograf" 20% shorter.
          >
          > In the 3rd year, publik akseptanse of the new spelling kan be
          > expekted to reach the stage where more komplikated changes are
          > possible. Governments will enkourage the removal of double letters,
          > that have always ben a deterent to akurate speling.
          >
          > Also, al wil agre that the horible mes of the silent "e" s in the
          > languag is disgrasful, and they should be removed. By the 4th year,
          > people wil be reseptiv to steps such as replasing "th" with "z"
          > and "w" with "v".
          >
          > During ze fifz year, ze unesesary "o" kan be droped from vords
          > kontaining "ou" and similar changes vud of kors be aplid to ozer
          > kombinations of leters.
          >
          > After zis fifz yer, ve vil hav a reli sensibl riten styl. Zer vil be
          > no mor trubls or difikultis and evrivun vil find it ezi tu understand
          > ech ozer.
          >
          > ZE DREM VIL FINALI KUM TRU!!!!
          >
          > And zen ve vil take over ze vorld!!!
          >
          > achtung!
          >

          > with joy, Mark

        • doriscott20002000
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 31, 2005
            This new style will be very welcomed by non English people.
            Don't forget: "Simplicity is God's beauty."

            You made me laugh.

            Doris

            <no_reply@y...> wrote:

            > EURO ENGLISH
            >
            > The European Commission has just announced an agreement whereby
            > English will be the official language of the EU rather than
            German,
            > which was the other possibility.
            >
            > As part of the negotiations, Her Majesty's government conceded
            that
            > English spelling had some room for improvement and has accepted a
            5
            > year phase plan, that would be known as "Euro-English".
            >
            > In the first year, "s" will replace the soft "c". Sertainly, this
            > will make the sivil servants jump with joy. The hard "c" will be
            > dropped in favor of the "k". This should klear up konfusion and
            > keyboards kan have one letter less.
            >
            > There will be growing publik enthusiasm in the sekond year, when
            the
            > troublesome "ph" will be replased with the "f". This will make
            words
            > like "fotograf" 20% shorter.
            >
            > In the 3rd year, publik akseptanse of the new spelling kan be
            > expekted to reach the stage where more komplikated changes are
            > possible. Governments will enkourage the removal of double
            letters,
            > that have always ben a deterent to akurate speling.
            >
            > Also, al wil agre that the horible mes of the silent "e" s in the
            > languag is disgrasful, and they should be removed. By the 4th
            year,
            > people wil be reseptiv to steps such as replasing "th" with "z"
            > and "w" with "v".
            >
            > During ze fifz year, ze unesesary "o" kan be droped from vords
            > kontaining "ou" and similar changes vud of kors be aplid to ozer
            > kombinations of leters.
            >
            > After zis fifz yer, ve vil hav a reli sensibl riten styl. Zer vil
            be
            > no mor trubls or difikultis and evrivun vil find it ezi tu
            understand
            > ech ozer.
            >
            > ZE DREM VIL FINALI KUM TRU!!!!
            >
            > And zen ve vil take over ze vorld!!!
            >
            > achtung!
            >

            > with joy, Mark

          • palyati
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 31, 2005
              Mark,
              This piece is so clever and well done. I hope you are submitting it
              for publication. Good work!
              Palyati