Inspiration Sounds

  • budhsamudra
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 27, 2005
      I would like to introduce a new page on Sri Chinmoy Radio.Called
      Inspiration Sounds,it is a place you can visit to listen to selected
      stories of Sri Chinmoys,dramatised by several different readers.
      In these stories Sri Chinmoy conveys ancient truths and pearls of
      wisdom on a vast range of topics,to guide and inspire the best in us
      all.

      On a technical matter the ideal way to listen to the stories is with
      Quick Time 7. Or with iTunes,for you then automatically have Quick
      Time.

      Type in www.srichinmoyradio.org to check it out, and if you`d like to
      leave a comment please to so as we`d love to hear from you.

      Happy listening,

      Budhsamudra.
      Editor.
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 2, 2005
        Hi Budhsamudra,

        I haven't listened to one of the readings yet but I read on the site
        about your vision for this new project that traces back to your
        childhood fondness for radio theatre. I used to listen to a program
        called Radio Mystery Theatre that came on once a week on the main AM
        station in my town. Radio theatre surely stimulates the imagination
        which makes it a rather thrilling medium.

        I wonder how attached you are to the title for this project? I'm
        lamenting that the poor word inspiration is about to die from overuse
        and overwork here in our creative realms. Prachar has already weighed
        in the subject when the title of Inspiration Letters was debated.
        Until now we haven't seemed to succeed in coming up with any
        compelling alternatives. Unfortunately, the overuse of this word has
        me suspecting that there is a stark shortage of real **inspiration**
        for some new, creative and original names for our diverse offerings.

        Maybe contests with prizes :-) is a solution? We came up with lots of
        ideas for Niriha's attempt to win an airplane ticket on the discount
        airfare site. Since criticism is cheap and real encouragement dear, it
        is only fair that I suggest additional words to add to our repertoire
        besides the word inspiration. A brainstorm during my morning commute
        found the following words passing by: Enthusiasm TV instead of
        Inspiration TV - since it's focused on good news that engenders
        positive feelings; Expansion Sounds or Sounds of Expansion instead of
        Inspiration Sounds - since what we're all about with our spiritual
        inquiry is expansion of consciousness - ego to universal...

        My brainstorm list of words to play with
        perception
        hearken/harken
        horizon
        heartbeat
        truth
        traveler
        spirit
        beckon
        beyond
        promise
        light
        vision
        vista

        These words are not excessively unique and have been used a lot too by
        spiritual folk but if we share the wealth a little the poor word
        inspiration might not be so easily translated as an overdone motto for
        our group. Those of us who are his students are used to Sri Chinmoy's
        creative use of the English language. He often creates compound word
        concepts to bring forward inner realms. Let's brainstorm a little and
        if in the end we're still intent on the word inspiration as our motto
        at least it won't be for lack of trying.

        Hearkening Horizon
        Heartbeat Drummer
        Perception Promise
        Truth Traveler