Divine enterprise tales: Maple syrup tragedy

  • markhoogakker
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2005
      Hi everybody,

      I guess every enterprise has this kind of customers that are
      very demanding and picky. Somehow things always go wrong when
      serving these people, so actually they have every right to be
      upset. When you see them entering the store fear captures
      your heart; what will go wrong this time. Sure enough when
      checking the receipt they find something that was on sale and
      they got charged the normal price, or there is a stone in
      their bread or you name it. It could happen to anyone but it
      always happens to them. Anyway our Madal Bal wholesale that
      is selling mainly tea and maple syrup some years ago had a
      customer like that. Every time when they would send him an
      order there would be things missing or prices would be wrong
      etc. Once the postal company that was supposed to deliver the
      order of maple syrup that this particular customer had made,
      lost the whole shipment somewhere and it took many days
      before they actually figured out what had gone wrong and
      where the goods were. In the meanwhile this customer got more
      and more angry, calling Madal Bal countless times about when
      he would get his order. Eventually the postal company found
      the maple syrup and send it to this customer. But when he
      finally received it the boxes were all battered and the tins
      with maple syrup were damaged and the maple syrup was smeared
      out all over them. One thing was still visible though on the
      tins, a little aphorism by Sri Chinmoy (in those days there
      were aphorisms by Sri Chinmoy on the maple syrup tins). It
      said: Peace begins when expectation ends.... It is hard to
      describe the rage with which this customer called Madal Bal
      afterwards! We were of course very apologetic with him.

      greetings Mark

      P.s. This weekend we celibrated the 20th anniversary of Madal
      Bal Holland with a 20-hour meditation and a dinner followed
      by speeches and stories from the old box (as we say in
      Holland). This story was one of them.