Each person can make a difference!

  • jayita_2708
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 20, 2005
      Tonight I watched a very inspiring documentary on the work that one
      individual undertook. It was about a guy called Jeremy Gilley who
      went around the world talking to dignitaries and peace laureates
      striving to create a one-day global day of peace and ceasefire. And
      no matter what obstructions he came across, or what difficulties he
      faced, he kept going. And eventually his dream was manifested into
      reality when the UN agreed to declare the day on 21 Sept.

      Check out the links for more info:
      http://www.un.org/depts/dhl/peace/
      http://www.peaceoneday.org/page/homeindex
      http://www.internationaldayofpeace.org/

      One of the messages I got from watching this documentary... is that
      dreams begin with an individual. And no matter how seemingly
      impossible or difficult it may seem to translate into reality, with
      persistence, change can happen. We just have to keep trying and
      never give up hope!

      Here are a couple of nice quotes by Sri Chinmoy on this topic:
      "Never give up hope, hope ultimately succeeds"

      "Keep trying, keep crying, keep smiling.
      Someday peace will definitely tell you,
      "I am coming, I am coming."

      "Do you want to change the world? Then change yourself first.
      Do you want to change yourself? If so, remain completely silent
      Inside the silence-sea."

      "I always cherish a dream
      And that dream is the dream
      Of self-determination.