Something to bring a smile on your face!

  • anitabusic
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2005
      A story and a joke to make you happy!

      :)) Anita

      Happiness is an attitude

      The 92-year-old, petite, well-poised and proud lady, who is fully
      dressed each morning by eight o'clock, with her hair fashionably
      coifed and makeup perfectly applied, even though she is legally
      blind, moved to a nursing home today.

      Her husband of 70 years recently passed away, making the move
      necessary.

      After many hours of waiting patiently in the lobby of the nursing
      home, she smiled sweetly when told her room was ready. As she
      maneuvered her walker to the elevator, I provided a visual
      description of her tiny room, including the eyelet sheets that had
      been hung on her window.

      "I love it," she stated with the enthusiasm of an eight-year-old
      having just been presented with a new puppy.

      "Mrs. Jones, you haven't seen the room .... just wait."

      "That doesn't have anything to do with it," she replied.

      "Happiness is something you decide on ahead of time. Whether I like
      my room or not doesn't depend on how the furniture is arranged ...
      it's how I arrange my mind.

      I already decided to love it ... It's a decision I make every
      morning when I wake up. I have a choice; I can spend the day in bed
      recounting the difficulty I have with the parts of my body that no
      longer work, or get out of bed and be thankful for the ones that do.
      Each day is a gift, and as long as my eyes open I'll focus on the
      new day and all the happy memories I've stored away ... just for
      this time in my life."

      - Author unknown

      * * *

      Spiritual Jokes

      A little boy was overheard praying: "Lord, if you
      can't make me a better boy, don't worry about it. I'm
      having a real good time like I am."