True Gratitude

  • melinda_geelong
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2005
      My teacher Sri Chinmoy has taught me over the years to discover
      and feel true gratitude for my life. He encourages us every day to
      strive to be better and more self offering citizens of the world
      through our efforts and to feel the power of gratitude for the grace
      that keeps us happy and alive.
      It is not always easy to live a spiritual life and to feel this
      gratitude. Reflecting upon my experiences on the flight home
      from New York where I have been visiting with Sri Chinmoy I am
      compelled to share some of my feelings on this powerful quality.
      To begin with a quote (unofficial) from Sri Chinmoy himself

      " Gratitude is something in our heart that helps us Transcend
      our experience of earth And Intensify our realisation of God."

      For me, the spiritual life is about a sense of purpose and
      fulfilment beyond the conventional, material and desire driven life
      that we have come to accept as normal. Embarking upon such a
      journey of self-discovery may sound quite an indulgent and
      self-absorbed activity to those who do not feel the inner pull but
      to those of us who are called to dig deeper into the meaning of
      our lives and to explore the root of human existence, then it
      becomes the whole purpose of life and becomes life itself.

      The purpose of my life is to serve and to belong. To feel oneness
      and confidence that I do not have to justify myself as I strive to
      always do what is right. To find trust and faith that there is a
      freer
      and more rewarding way to exist in a world that is so tightly
      bound by its own limitations that it strangles the very creativity
      and freedom it seeks.

      Gratitude is the force of the Universe
      Gratitude enables all else to follow
      There can be no one left behind and nothing left undone when
      there is Gratitude
      True Gratitude can save anybody from anything, anytime,
      anywhere
      Gratitude is the life force itself from which all else will spring
      forth
      There can be no wrong or harmful effects of Gratitude

      Gratitude is my life breath
      Gratitude is strength
      Gratitude is constantly self-replenishing
      Gratitude is the Magic pudding
      Gratitude is more than a word
      Gratitude is more than you can imagine
      Gratitude is self defining
      Gratitude grows
      Gratitude satisfies
      Gratitude is All

      And in the words of my dear teacher himself

      "My Lord You have granted me a flood of enlightenment. May I
      give You my payment In endless gratitude?"
      Sri Chinmoy (unofficial)