2005 Self-Transecendence Marathon - Music

  • sahayak_hello
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2005
      Hi all,

      This year instead of running the marathon, I decided to 'entertain'
      the runners with my bamboo flute.

      To be playing Sri Chinmoy's music in such a beautifully shaded area,
      very early in the morning, right next to the lake was a very
      beautiful experience for me. At one point just before the race
      started I watched some wild deer moving out of the wooded forest,
      cautiously venturing into a sunny opening adjacent to the track
      where I was playing.

      Then the runners appeared and to my delight their faces and stride
      changed when they came within hearing distance of the flute. A very
      welcoming smile with a lightness of step carried them on their way
      until they were out of hearing range.

      Lap after lap, smile after smile with many welcoming comments from
      so many runners. I was so grateful and humbled by their
      determination, speed and joy in running this beautiful course.

      With solo and grouped musicians placed strategically around the
      course it seemd the runners were carried on a continuous wave of Sri
      Chinmoy's music from one part of the course to the next.

      Congratulations to all the runners for your efforts, and a very big
      thank you for your smiling faces and kind words.

      Sahayak.