Re: Robert's Terrific Triple

  • do_slava
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 31, 2005
      Rathin,

      I fully subscribe to the toast for Robert. Add to that the fact that he
      did the 2 mile self-transcendence race the day after the 47 mile race
      at a pretty good speed (I know because he passed me early on in the
      race), and his achievement becomes truly remarkable.

      Personally, with his self-giving and determination, he has given me
      over the last year since I have first met him a lot of inspiration.

      Slava

      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, Rathin wrote:
      > I just wrote a glowing article about Robert Zuscin's Himalyan
      > achievement: finishing the 3100 mile race, Self-Transcendence
      marathon,
      > and the 47 mile race, all within the same month.
      > Unfortunately, I accidently clicked one of the mysterious buttons on
      > the side of the mouse here at the library, and my article
      disappeared,
      > never to be retrieved! Alas, I have not the time to retype it. So let
      > us just acknowledge Robert with a cybertoast, raising our glasses of
      > virtual Chi (or Ojas as it is known to some) high into the sky ,
      > singing:
      > "Robert and his Terrific Triple!
      > Join us in our cyber (non-alcoholic) tipple!
      > Who else dares climb this summit high?
      > Only the stoutest of heart need apply!"
      > cheers,
      > Rathin
    • tsvetantsekov
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 31, 2005
        --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, Rathin wrote:
        > I just wrote a glowing article about Robert Zuscin's Himalyan
        > achievement: finishing the 3100 mile race, Self-Transcendence
        marathon,
        > and the 47 mile race, all within the same month.
        > Unfortunately, I accidently clicked one of the mysterious buttons on
        > the side of the mouse here at the library, and my article
        disappeared,
        > never to be retrieved! Alas, I have not the time to retype it. So
        let
        > us just acknowledge Robert with a cybertoast, raising our glasses of
        > virtual Chi (or Ojas as it is known to some) high into the sky ,
        > singing:
        > "Robert and his Terrific Triple!
        > Join us in our cyber (non-alcoholic) tipple!
        > Who else dares climb this summit high?
        > Only the stoutest of heart need apply!"
        > cheers,
        > Rathin
        And not only he run the marathon and 47 miles after 3100 but finished
        them in pretty good times. Marathon if I well remember 3:33 and 47
        miles 8:22!
        This is really something!

        Tsvetan
      • ambarish2708
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 1, 2005
          Hi Rathin,

          I would also like to join in in your congratulations of Robert's
          fantastic achievements, Robert also fitted in a 12.20 2 mile time in
          between - a personal best for many.

          I asked Robert for his photo for a slide show I'm putting together to
          show here in Dublin. It's a picture of humility, of a person that
          feels he needs to do these things.

          Unassuming in nature, gentle in character and powerfully achieved,
          Robert efforts are truly inspiring. For many, next year a 47 mile and
          marathon are now on the cards. Thanks Robert and keep up the good
          running.

          Ambarish
        • shane_dublincentre
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 2, 2005
            I have a little admission to make - I was running the 2 mile race and
            taking it rather easy on myself, telling myself that I had run a
            marathon 3 days before. However on the final hill Robert passed me and
            Mr Ego came to the fore, reminding me that Robert had done the 3100,
            marathon and 47 the day before and was still going to beat me unless I
            stirred myself. So I passed him out and hared home to avoid any
            embarrassing repeat at the finish line. So thank you Robert for, er,
            inspiring me to ever higher achievements... :)

            Shane

            --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, ambarish2708