Lion's Roar

    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 30 9:54 AM
      Do lions and swans keep good company? We'll see since I now have them
      both in my gallery album shortcut at:
      http://tinyurl.com/d4pak

      I don't have them "caged" in their own sub-album for the moment so
      that I don't usurp the World Harmony Run New York as the latest
      addition to the Sri Chinmoy Galleries. At the rate I'm going, I might
      have to open a zoo ;-) I hope Parashita notices this post since she so
      likes the lions.

      Sharani
    • Rathin
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 30 3:03 PM
        I just wrote a glowing article about Robert Zuscin's Himalyan
        achievement: finishing the 3100 mile race, Self-Transcendence marathon,
        and the 47 mile race, all within the same month.
        Unfortunately, I accidently clicked one of the mysterious buttons on
        the side of the mouse here at the library, and my article disappeared,
        never to be retrieved! Alas, I have not the time to retype it. So let
        us just acknowledge Robert with a cybertoast, raising our glasses of
        virtual Chi (or Ojas as it is known to some) high into the sky ,
        singing:
        "Robert and his Terrific Triple!
        Join us in our cyber (non-alcoholic) tipple!
        Who else dares climb this summit high?
        Only the stoutest of heart need apply!"
        cheers,
        Rathin
      • do_slava
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 31 6:25 AM
          Rathin,

          I fully subscribe to the toast for Robert. Add to that the fact that he
          did the 2 mile self-transcendence race the day after the 47 mile race
          at a pretty good speed (I know because he passed me early on in the
          race), and his achievement becomes truly remarkable.

          Personally, with his self-giving and determination, he has given me
          over the last year since I have first met him a lot of inspiration.

          Slava

          --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, Rathin wrote:
          > I just wrote a glowing article about Robert Zuscin's Himalyan
          > achievement: finishing the 3100 mile race, Self-Transcendence
          marathon,
          > and the 47 mile race, all within the same month.
          > Unfortunately, I accidently clicked one of the mysterious buttons on
          > the side of the mouse here at the library, and my article
          disappeared,
          > never to be retrieved! Alas, I have not the time to retype it. So let
          > us just acknowledge Robert with a cybertoast, raising our glasses of
          > virtual Chi (or Ojas as it is known to some) high into the sky ,
          > singing:
          > "Robert and his Terrific Triple!
          > Join us in our cyber (non-alcoholic) tipple!
          > Who else dares climb this summit high?
          > Only the stoutest of heart need apply!"
          > cheers,
          > Rathin
        • tsvetantsekov
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 31 11:11 PM
            --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, Rathin wrote:
            > I just wrote a glowing article about Robert Zuscin's Himalyan
            > achievement: finishing the 3100 mile race, Self-Transcendence
            marathon,
            > and the 47 mile race, all within the same month.
            > Unfortunately, I accidently clicked one of the mysterious buttons on
            > the side of the mouse here at the library, and my article
            disappeared,
            > never to be retrieved! Alas, I have not the time to retype it. So
            let
            > us just acknowledge Robert with a cybertoast, raising our glasses of
            > virtual Chi (or Ojas as it is known to some) high into the sky ,
            > singing:
            > "Robert and his Terrific Triple!
            > Join us in our cyber (non-alcoholic) tipple!
            > Who else dares climb this summit high?
            > Only the stoutest of heart need apply!"
            > cheers,
            > Rathin
            And not only he run the marathon and 47 miles after 3100 but finished
            them in pretty good times. Marathon if I well remember 3:33 and 47
            miles 8:22!
            This is really something!

            Tsvetan
          • ambarish2708
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 1, 2005
              Hi Rathin,

              I would also like to join in in your congratulations of Robert's
              fantastic achievements, Robert also fitted in a 12.20 2 mile time in
              between - a personal best for many.

              I asked Robert for his photo for a slide show I'm putting together to
              show here in Dublin. It's a picture of humility, of a person that
              feels he needs to do these things.

              Unassuming in nature, gentle in character and powerfully achieved,
              Robert efforts are truly inspiring. For many, next year a 47 mile and
              marathon are now on the cards. Thanks Robert and keep up the good
              running.

              Ambarish
            • shane_dublincentre
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 2, 2005
                I have a little admission to make - I was running the 2 mile race and
                taking it rather easy on myself, telling myself that I had run a
                marathon 3 days before. However on the final hill Robert passed me and
                Mr Ego came to the fore, reminding me that Robert had done the 3100,
                marathon and 47 the day before and was still going to beat me unless I
                stirred myself. So I passed him out and hared home to avoid any
                embarrassing repeat at the finish line. So thank you Robert for, er,
                inspiring me to ever higher achievements... :)

                Shane

                --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, ambarish2708