Futures Trading

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 19, 2005
      On August 14th of last year, I experienced one of the most powerful
      moments yet for me as Sri Chinmoy's student. I remembered that I
      wrote about it here and upon searching for it coincidentally
      discovered that it is the first post I made when I joined the
      Inspiration Group (message 6181).

      The experience of which I speak was my second opportunity to be
      lifted by Guru overhead on the "Lifting Up the World" weightlifting
      apparatus. Now that one year (and five days) has passed, what brings
      tears to my eyes is remembering the way in which the experience spoke
      volumes about the power of compassion and forgiveness.

      When I decided to be lifted for a second time, I joined others
      waiting in line for their turn and became nervous as I remembered
      back to the fear (yes I'm going out on a limb admitting it) that I
      experienced when I was previously lifted. I'm the kind of person who
      usually thinks all my supposedly horrifying faults will be exposed
      like in an x-ray machine when I stand squarely in the Light. While up
      on the platform for that first lifting experience, I looked out into
      the Aspiration Ground Bleachers and I noticed Nayak's face radiating
      such happiness and oneness as he smiled broadly. This calmed me and
      for a long time afterwards I always tried to smile warmly from the
      audience when individuals were being lifted by Guru in case they
      needed a similar boost.

      I digress. So back to one year ago. By the time it was my turn to get
      lifted, I was one nervous Nelly. I fumbled over where to leave my
      shoes, probably banged into someone as I headed to the platform
      stairs and somehow in the midst of my anxiety prayed for the quality
      of willingness. I had read recently before that day in Guru's
      writings that a spirit of willingness was very important in the quest
      for transformation of our weaknesses. So with that as a point of
      focus, I ascended the overhead platform.

      Before I could even catch my breath, an inner flood of love and
      acceptance washed over me. It was not lost on me that my inner
      environment just prior to its arrival had in no way invited or
      *deserved* it. The experience was so powerful that I was firmly
      convinced that I was already aloft long before the moment that the
      platform outwardly inched skyward. Words actually fail me to express
      just how complete and unconditional the divine love felt emanating
      from Guru beneath me.

      Yet again the power of compassion and forgiveness had found me
      wherever that place might be and carried me to higher ground. I have
      truly lost count how many times this has happened in my spiritual
      journey as Sri Chinmoy's student. In my eyes, he is the world's most
      adept "futures trader." He deals always and only in positive
      possibilities. Where I see lack and failings, he sees only a future
      of divine possibilities. He is indeed the most optimistic and
      positively oriented individual that I have ever met. My guess is that
      he sees the problems and weaknesses of myself and the world around us
      just as plainly as regular folk but he trades our ignorance on
      the "spiritual stock exchange" for some divinity futures and coaxes
      forward what remains dormant and invisible to myself and others.

      One year later, I am still thankful for this experience of
      unconditional divine love. Guru's futures trading in my life creates
      the feeling that I've already made a million dollars on the spiritual
      stock market, creating a debt to him which can never be adequately
      repayed. I just hope someday I can sincerely grow into at least an
      iota of these possibilities.

      Sharani
    • carr_terri
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 31, 2005
        Hi Sharani,

        Thanks for sharing your story again - I think this version is even
        more *beautiful* than the original.

        I especially like the parallel with the spiritual stock market -
        masterfully done! Superb! I do not print out many messages but this
        one is a 'printer'!

        Terri

      • dikshaa2005
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 3, 2005
          Dear Sharani,
          This is a great analogy because trading in general is so, well, fun!
          In the true sense of trading I try to remember to trade my ignorance
          night for gratititude light. Following my trade, my satisfaction life
          soars.

          Thank you for the inspiring analogy!!!

          --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, carr_terri