Re: The power of apology

  • doriscott20002000
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 2, 2005
      Special thanks for this article, Sharani. I don't know why, but I am
      often in situations like that. Again and again we "have to" apologize
      for the sake of peace and harmony and for the awareness that things
      happen out of misunderstandings. I think this is actually your power
      of forgiveness. As soon as I am able to forgive and forget about an
      ongoing and ongoing experience I find back to peace of mind.

      I was reminded of something that Sri Chinmoy advises us to do: to
      forget about the past and not to think of the future, even when
      something unfortunate happened five minutes ago. What a wisdom.

      I noticed that there is a kind of program running in the mind that
      tells me how I have to react in what situation or circumstances. But
      no. Why? It´s a great relief to FEEL that I don't depend on my
      thoughts.

      We are free to see what we want to see and we are free to feel what
      we want to feel.

      Your way of apologizing I like particularly in a way like "WOW."

      Sometimes people can not value the power of forgiveness. They may
      feel it is something weak. I feel strenghtened by a movie I watched
      recently about an shaolin priest who spend his childhood in a temple
      and had to go through certain experiences after leaving it. At the
      moment I don't remember the exact title. Maybe it was "Kung Fu."

      I don't want to talk to much, thank you again for your article.

    • morrisklein27
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 2, 2005
        Beautifully written, Sharani- as always! I love how you blend craft
        and inspiration in all of your articles, and in simple language that
        everyone can understand. Yet, you challenge us to see ourselves
        honestly and clearly. We should never take anything or anyone for
        granted. That's what I take from your writing and I'm very,
        sincerely grateful to you for this.

        It's rare to find a writer like you who tells it just as it is!

        Morris