Re: Are you a World Harmony Philosopher?

  • dietlclaudia
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 2, 2005
      Hi,
      how can one express the inexpressible??? But let me try....
      The World Harmony Run is one of the best things to make people feel
      what real Harmony is. While running many miles or just a few metres
      people come together in a spirit of oneness, kindness and harmony. By
      passing the torch from one hand to another everybody has the chance
      to dive deep within a holy moment of inner silence that remains
      forever inside your heart.

      This inner feeling offers the conviction that harmony all over the
      world is possible one day. Let it just spread from one person to
      another as often as necessary to reach everyone. Every single step is
      important and none is useless. With these positive efforts a strong
      force can be built to conquer disharmony, anger and conflicts and one
      day even wars.

      Gratitude to all participants for their many steps

      Claudia

      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, mateszekely
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > Dear friends,
      >
      > I FEEL what the World Harmony Run is, and how it can foster
      creating
      > harmony in the world, but I find it hard to explain with words. So
      > am asking for your kind explanations, short or longer-than-the-
      longest
      > ones for my personal joy (and for those that read this site), and
      > maybe for further use in kids/grown-ups education/communication.
      Pls.
      > don't feel shy! It is not public examination...
      >
      > Mate
      >
      > PS
      >
      > "...My life-teacher teaches me:
      > Everybody can reach out
      > For a star."
      >
      > Sri Chinmoy
      >
      > [full poem here: http://tinyurl.com/9xkjz%5d
    • one_prachar
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 2, 2005
        A response in triptych...

        1) World Harmony Run is a flame.

        When a flame touches ready fuel, we know what happens: fire bursts
        forth and spreads. Both fuel and flame are needed. Here the fuel is
        the inner hunger for harmony which is in each individual heart and the
        world heart. Just as a flame is useless without fuel to burn, so the
        World Harmony Run is meaningless without this inner hunger.
        Fortunately, such a hunger is everywhere, offering plenty of
        combustible fuel for a mighty bonfire of oneness, joy and harmony.

        And this bonfire is also ... World Harmony Run.

        *************

        2) World Harmony Run is a song.

        A song lives wherever it is sung, a blossoming of light and joy
        painting bright the halls of every heart it fills. It may be composed
        by someone in one place, and performed by another in another place,
        yet neither composer nor performer can own the song. Once it is sung
        inside any heart, it is owned by that heart. Even so, each heart which
        embraces the World Harmony Run can claim World Harmony Run as its own.
        It is property of the oneness-happiness-heart of humanity. As
        everyone owns this song-run, so everyone can interpret and express it
        in his or her own way. And each will be perfectly correct, each
        expression of each happy heart a melody, rhythm or cadence melding
        into an ever-widening harmony.

        And this universal symphony of heart-songs is also ... World Harmony
        Run.

        *************

        3) World Harmony Run is a journey.

        This is no slow boat. This is an urgent, accelerating run, run, run,
        run, run, run! It is the flight of human consciousness abandoning the
        mire of division-mind for the liberation of our common heart-sky. It
        is the quest for "the oneness and fullness of Tomorrow's Sun," that
        state of complete, radiant, blissful fulfillment which is the
        immediate goal and destiny of evolving humankind. This destination is
        ours, but not if we just sit around. As movement invites the goal, we
        must move purposefully forward, we must run and in running discover
        our destination is already here, within. For those who are running,
        "we ARE..." [not "we shall be..."] "...the oneness and fullness of
        Tomorrow's Sun." This journey IS our destination.

        And this destination is also ... World Harmony Run.

        posted by Prachar

        --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, sumangali_m
        <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > Perhaps the World Harmony Run defies explanation. Its events and the
        > people whom it meets may be described - and how beautifully they
        often
        > are - but perhaps not its essence. Its energy is elemental; its
        > purpose, elementary to the heart, remains a cipher to the
        analytical.
        > In the same way that such simple things as air or meditation defy
        > description, its essence is a common denominator. Such things need
        no
        > explanation, thus words have not been created with which to explain
        them.

        > It may be that other things are more explanatory than explanation
        > itself. By listening to Sri Chinmoy’s World-Harmony-Run
        Song, by
        > seeing the eyes of a child holding the Torch, by reading reports of
        > the valiant runners, surely anyone can understand.
        >
        > ...And when one does, perhaps one may be moved, enthused, comforted
        by
        > its message, and thus be motivated to seek more keenly the same goal
        > in one's own life. By its nature, the World Harmony Run’s
        story is
        > about everyone, and thus (perhaps) needs no further introduction.
        >
        > Sumangali
        >
        > * * *
        >
        > If truth comes first
        > In your life,
        > Then you do not have to
        > Explain anything to the world,
        > For your eyes become
        > The explanation of all things
        > Big and small.
        >
        > Sri Chinmoy
        > #2656, Ten Thousand Flower-Flames, Part 27
        > (unofficial)
        >

        > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, mateszekely
        > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > > Dear friends,
        > >
        > > I FEEL what the World Harmony Run is, and how it can foster
        creating
        > > harmony in the world, but I find it hard to explain with words.
        So I